NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YIP sucks......

BTW...sorry you were never able to work for a reputable company... Must feel like the minor leaguer who spends a lifetime in the minors as he watches the better players go pro.

Maybe in your eyes, but I am happy with my lot in life and as I posted many times before. I lived my adventure in the Navy for 26 years and nothing will ever equal that experience. I have been truly lucky and if the tooth fairy came along and said, "If you give up your Navy career, I will guarantee you a job in the MAJOR leagues at Delta for life". I would say "No deal". I may be a minor leaguer in yours and other eyes and that is fine with me I am a very happy minor leaguer. I am sorry you seem so unhappy and hope you someday find the happiness that I have found.

BTW again thanks for keeping this thread going, I throw some worms in the water and you guys strike like hungry bass.

Last edited:
I'd like to think that all of my posts have been reasonable and well thought out.

The tone is different as the times and situation are different. Nine years ago people were on here vilifying Santulli, now I see many people wishing he would come back and return the company to its former glory.

What I don't understand is why there was so much emotion nine years ago when we had a CEO who actually cared about the business and strived to be the best in the business, actively advocating a zero defect rate approach. Now we have a CEO who doesn't care about the business, has an open disdain for aviation and the long term employees who built this company, and has analyses done to figure out how much pain they can inflict on the owners before they want to leave. Yet, with all that negativity there is less emotion and outrage on this board than there was nine years ago.

From my perspective, the outrage and negativity that was rampant on this board nine years ago was misplaced and inappropriate at that time, and now when that approach would be appropriate, it is strangely absent. Why were many people so vociferous in their criticism of Santulli nine years ago, yet now with Jordan, who is many times worse, is there so much apathy?

The company has a strict social media policy now. I advise caution and discretion.

I'd like to think that all of my posts have been reasonable and well thought out.

The tone is different as the times and situation are different. Nine years ago people were on here vilifying Santulli, now I see many people wishing he would come back and return the company to its former glory.

What I don't understand is why there was so much emotion nine years ago when we had a CEO who actually cared about the business and strived to be the best in the business, actively advocating a zero defect rate approach. Now we have a CEO who doesn't care about the business, has an open disdain for aviation and the long term employees who built this company, and has analyses done to figure out how much pain they can inflict on the owners before they want to leave. Yet, with all that negativity there is less emotion and outrage on this board than there was nine years ago.

From my perspective, the outrage and negativity that was rampant on this board nine years ago was misplaced and inappropriate at that time, and now when that approach would be appropriate, it is strangely absent. Why were many people so vociferous in their criticism of Santulli nine years ago, yet now with Jordan, who is many times worse, is there so much apathy?
Good points and I'll add my .02 FWIW...

I think the attitude toward RS at the time was the effect of a perfect storm brewing. Inaction by 284, corruption by Powell, and machinations from RS that seemed to orchestrate all this from behind the green curtain. Real or not that was the perception. Perception has a way of becoming reality. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't seems apt here. If we knew what we were going to get then maybe...?

I would offer that we (arguably) have matured as a union (recall withstanding), and if we were at that maturation level then, it probably would have been more to your liking. Remember we had a huge influx of pilots with no union experience so many were getting their sea-legs and learning as we went along. Add to that mix the influx of savvy union leaders coming from the airlines then I think you can map the course that was taken.

I like yourself have wondered why so many are apathetic now. I will lay blame on the recall first and foremost. There are fissures in this group because of that short sighted blunder that will be hard to heal without dynamic leadership.

The good news is that the ship seems to have someone at the helm now (union) and I'm hearing news that folks at Bridgeway are starting to row in unison( some in mangament). I think everyone can see the damage that has been done and if we don't start working together this place could end up a mess.

I look forward to working with all to make this a better place and I'm glad to have you advocating on our side.

Last edited:
Why were many people so vociferous in their criticism of Santulli nine years ago, yet now with Jordan, who is many times worse, is there so much apathy?

Nine years ago the pilot group was young (read- could start over), were paid a fraction of what they make now, and have since watched 495 of their fellow pilots get sent off into a financial abyss.

In a nutshell they have more to lose today than nine years ago.

This is not discretion. You guys are not being smart. Shut your traps before you make a bad situation worse.

YIP sucks

Wow so this is what it feels like to have nothing original to say and just repeat the same things over and over.....

Wow so this is what it feels like to have nothing original to say and just repeat the same things over and over.....
yea no one else would ever think of doing that like Y iP sucks:rolleyes:

Too many old guys now. They don't give a ******************** or their memory is shot.

We are way better off than we were 9 years ago... as far as work rules and compensation ... so the discontent was not misplaced.

But why do I want Santulli back? Hey we won those battles with him ... now I want someone here that knows how to provide a luxury service I can be proud of being part of. Not sending letters to customers saying we are switching to Dasani from Fiji water to better serve you.

Speaking of letter writing, how many letters of apology went out last fall? This fall they could save some time by creating a form letter:

We are sorry your flight: (Please check a box)

a) Didn't show up, I have no idea what is going on.

b) Showed up but broke due to a maintenance issue.

c) Didn't show due to lack of a qualified crew.

In the future, we will: (Please check a box)

a) Promise to send the General to apologize in person.

b) Extend your contract to a 48 hour show up clause.

c) Have a cold bottle of Dasani waiting on board, er Fiji when the flight finally arrives.

Please accept this token of appreciation in lieu of an on-time jet.
(Please check a box)

a) Free bag with ********************ty plastic wheels.

b) Coupon for a free frozen turkey.

c) Free Netjets hat.

Sincerely,

Jordan (Because I care) Hansell

Latest resources

Back