• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
actually after reading the other post about how this CEO guy is trying to destroy the company, I am much more in sympathy with you guys. I am a kinda a don't rock the boat guy, but after seeing what he is doing I would be p!ssed if I was a NJ guy because would worried about him destroying my livelihood. I worry about the guys I worked with here at JUS finding themselves on the street again.

But when I first saw the posts bitching about having to pay medical co-pays like the rest of the world well it sounded a little like a bunch of spoiled brats.

BTW Next prediction coming up, the lack of a college degree will no longer be a show stopper at the majors. Just watch.[/QUOTE]

Already happened.

actually after reading the other post about how this CEO guy is trying to destroy the company, I am much more in sympathy with you guys. I am a kinda a don't rock the boat guy, but after seeing what he is doing I would be p!ssed if I was a NJ guy because would worried about him destroying my livelihood. I worry about the guys I worked with here at JUS finding themselves on the street again.

But when I first saw the posts bitching about having to pay medical co-pays like the rest of the world well it sounded a little like a bunch of spoiled brats.

BTW Next prediction coming up, the lack of a college degree will no longer be a show stopper at the majors. Just watch.[/QUOTE]

Already happened.

Your college GPA is a factor at Delta. I am told if you have a PhD or Masters, Delta will take you first (all other factors equal).

Nice, YIP has some supporters.

Curious what the backgrounds of these supporters are?

Edit: I see "checks" has trouble writing complete sentences. Never mind, I've discovered my answer.:)

Keep up the good work YIP. At the very least you provide good entertainment.

Yip is my hero. So there.

Your college GPA is a factor at Delta. I am told if you have a PhD or Masters, Delta will take you first (all other factors equal).
for now, but that will change as the pool of experience dries up. In the past people got hired by DAL without a college degree

Yip, i'm not sure you have thought out the end game. Even if you convince every pilot on every message board of your convictions regarding airline hiring without a degree, it still won't change the hiring profile at the airlines. If the airlines do start hiring high school grads, how are you going to get anyone to work for you? You are going to be competing with Kalitta for pilots who are DUI recipients and wife beaters.

Wait a second.... A conversation with YIP and a college degree.

There's something you don't see everyday

I'm forever astounded by the wide range of topics YIP is able to add insightful knowledge to.

Yip, i'm not sure you have thought out the end game. Even if you convince every pilot on every message board of your convictions regarding airline hiring without a degree, it still won't change the hiring profile at the airlines.

I have nothing to do with the hiring profile, it is a supply and demand thing. I am only an observer of the times. If you have noticed the profile is changing already. The majors have now skimmed all of the astronaut candidates off the top of their piles, they are now looking at pilot below that level to fill seats, Here is a guy just got hired at a legacy 1xCheckride failure (initial CFI oral 17 years ago) 1xAccident (recreational flying 8 years ago). I am betting a year ago he would not have gotten by square one. So only time will tell if the lack of a college degree, which has nothing to do with flying an airplane, will still be a shop stopper at DAL.

If the airlines do start hiring high school grads, how are you going to get anyone to work for you? You are going to be competing with Kalitta for pilots who are DUI recipients and wife beaters.
Yea the boss said go after those kinda guys because they will be career employees, but the are not qualified for CANPASS so they cannot work here. So we continue to go after the non-career pilots to give them a great start on their careers. Like the 26 who have left for NJ over the years.

Last edited:
Getting back to the subject....you returnees are making us proud (and you know what I am talking about)....maybe certain members of our line pilots could learn a lesson from you:smash:.
Word in recurrent this week is that all of you should have your letters 1st quarter of 2015.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back