• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You see the company is firing folks for complete BS, because they can.

I hope to see some of our furloughed brothers and sisters joining us on the line SEPT 22nd at TEB, CMH and SNA....we'll need you because guys like G4 apparently will NEVER join our UNION and we need all the help we can get.

I don't think any furloughed guys were invited to picket and wearing the NJA uniform at a picketing event while furloughed would probably get you moved from furloughed to fired status pretty quick.

I don't think any furloughed guys were invited to picket and wearing the NJA uniform at a picketing event while furloughed would probably get you moved from furloughed to fired status pretty quick.

Picketing is a protected event. Yes, the furloughed are invited to picket, and their presence, in or out of uniform is more than welcome.

You still are a pilot on the seniority list and therefore you have the right to picket, as it's a protected event and you can not be disciplined for attending...period.

Yes, the furloughed are invited to picket, and their presence, in or out of uniform is more than welcome.

So they are invited to picket but are still not allowed on the UNION message board. Great way to build unity.

Another epic fail for our self destructing union.

So they are invited to picket but are still not allowed on the UNION message board. Great way to build unity.

Am I allowed to picket? I used to be a union member of two airlines that went out of business and see NJ airplanes on our ramp all the time.

Yip,

As for the NUC, this is what happens when you decide to megotiate in bad faith with all four of your organized labor groups. They brought it on themselves bu gutting The FA's contract, gutting dispatch and placing unreasonable workloads on our dispatchers. Dis you know that pur dispatchers have about minute, yes only one minute to create a flight release? Just another dagger in the heart of safety. You're an intelligent man but for goodness sake do you honestly think that motivated professionals really want to picket and get heavy handed with a company they loved and were proud of? The truth is NO but this new EMT has taken something to be proud of and turned it into a joke. All anyone wants is to be treated as professionals and compensated fairly not to be beaten, kicked and told you're worthless. We don't haul boxes, we fly the wealthiest people in the world. They pay alot for a motivated workforce and outstanding service. The employees used to be that workforce but this management has made it very clear that is not who they want working for them and it is definitely not the service they want to provide. To the it's just a ride in a jet. It never was to us!

^^^^^ THIS!!!!!! +++1000! Thank you KiddD
I'm a furloughee, hoping for a spot in the next recall group, and have been closely following the state of NJ through message boards and friends who are active pilots. I will be adding my voice to the choir as soon as I'm back.

Oh good grief bud!

Where do I START?

It sounds as if we need to have a THREE BEER conversation. The standard two beers probably won't be adequate...

I will be happy to do the 3 beer thang. However, the people I have been flying with are pretty much in the same frame of mind as me. I am not some lone crazy out there, just the lone crazy on this message board...according to several members of this fine Flightinfo community.

This was not a membership decision, this was a weak minded EBoard decision. Please don't confuse the union(PILOTS), with the EBoard...

However, the people I have been flying with are pretty much in the same frame of mind as me.

Sadly for our union, I've no doubt you are 100% correct with this statement. But you should remember the next CBA will have zero "protections" built in, so you can either become an active union member, voice your concerns and raise the bar for us ALL, or you can reap what your apathy sows.

I will be happy to do the 3 beer thang. However, the people I have been flying with are pretty much in the same frame of mind as me. I am not some lone crazy out there, just the lone crazy on this message board...according to several members of this fine Flightinfo community.

You guys really need to get off your high horse in the little Gulfstream world. Like it or not you're all part of the union and must work under the CBA. A CBA that has reached its amendable date and if you expect to get a new CBA with improvements, protections and a decent QOL on the road then I suggest getting involved with the union and help. If you're happy then step aside and stay out of our way. You can just thank me later for doing the heavy lifting and saving your back. I do have to ask are you one of those guys that thinks we're adequately compensated, Netjets is the greatest job and if we get a raise the company will fold?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back