• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lemme give ya a tiny piece of advice when you run into a recalled guy...

For many the last 4 years have been a fight for life.... The current negotiations are small potatoes when compared to the furlough

No advice necessary. I've been furloughed 3 times so far in my career. I know full well what it's like.. Sadly many folks went from flying light twins to netjets and do not know what it's like.. I welcome any and all furloughed pilots back to the property. From what I hear, recurrent training paints a very pretty picture and makes it sound like life on the road is not bad and the company loves them..

TWA
"If you are willing to lie on your application that goes to show that you don't believe in rules. I myself would never want you in my crew as there is no place for this type of attitude in our profession."
Well said . It's after you are hired that they want to "bend" the rules and operate in the grey area. How can you continue to plan to operate after 14 hours when you don't have 10 hours of rest in the previous 24? Do you get paid OT for it? That's bribery or selfishness depending on what side you are on.

Not sure what rules you operate under, but we cannot plan to continue beyond 14 hours. If there are delays beyond the control of the company you can continue past 14, but get additional rest.

Maybe you feel pressured to bend the rules, but we sure don't.

Don't forget about the OT pay. While in the van from the Holiday Inn Hasbrook Heights, One of your pilots told me he was going over 14 that day and getting paid for it. Sounds like a reward for "bending" the rules.

Don't forget about the OT pay. While in the van from the Holiday Inn Hasbrook Heights, One of your pilots told me he was going over 14 that day and getting paid for it. Sounds like a reward for "bending" the rules.

I am aware of our compensation package. We actually get overtime pay starting at 12 hours.

I am not going to argue what was said in a van where I was not present. I will say you probably heard what you wanted to hear so you can once again attack our pilot group.

Not sure why you chose to hijack a thread regarding NJ recalls to once again spew your venom towards me and the FJ pilots. Hopefully you won't be one of the FO pilots that chooses to bid over to FJ this fall. We don't need your attitude attempting to infect our great pilot group.

Crews exceed 14 hours of duty occasionally, so what. They weren't planned for it but things happen. It does happen that a day is planned for 13+45 and the WX forecast is bad so it's not a surprise when the day goes long, but that's not the same thing.

OT at FJ starts at 12 hours of duty, the rate increases slightly after 14 hours. I'm sure after your example crew arrived at the garden spot of the Garden State where they were rewarded with a 12 hour rest block.

You're trying to make something out of nothing. Let this go back to being about the recalls at NJ. The Flexjet haters all hang out in a different thread, see you there.

Crews exceed 14 hours of duty occasionally, so what. They weren't planned for it but things happen. It does happen that a day is planned for 13+45 and the WX forecast is bad so it's not a surprise when the day goes long, but that's not the same thing.

OT at FJ starts at 12 hours of duty, the rate increases slightly after 14 hours. I'm sure after your example crew arrived at the garden spot of the Garden State where they were rewarded with a 12 hour rest block.

You're trying to make something out of nothing. Let this go back to being about the recalls at NJ. The Flexjet haters all hang out in a different thread, see you there.

+1 Great post.

TWA
I really don't care what kind of label you try to put on me , but..I don't spew venom and I'm Not an FJ hater. I stand up for the little guys that get bullied by people like you. I want to see everyone do well. Grow up.

TWA
I really don't care what kind of label you try to put on me , but..I don't spew venom and I'm Not an FJ hater. I stand up for the little guys that get bullied by people like you. I want to see everyone do well. Grow up.

What little guys get bullied by me?

I also want everyone to do well, but the only way I see everyone doing well is for us to remain two separate companies.

I am very pro-FJ, but that doesn't make me anti-FO. I don't want a union here at FJ, but most of your pilots I talk to on the road are just like FJ pilots, they just wear a different uniform.

Every group of pilots has their 5-10% that embarrass the company and pilot group when they speak. The other 90-95% of the pilots are great guys that I am sure I would enjoy sharing a cockpit with.

STOP HIJACKING THE THREAD YOU AHOLES!!!!!:uzi: There is a thread for you to snipe at each other. This is for those of us who are interested in NJ recalls.

Latest resources

Back