• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Especially when you get that new hire Falcon 2000EZ or Global FO assignment at initial....

Beware that NJA may not be a place you want to be a probationary pilot at the moment.

And why would that be...... as an F/O what responsibility do you really have that won't have you survive your first year? We all know who they are gunning for and its not the newbies.

And why would that be...... as an F/O what responsibility do you really have that won't have you survive your first year? We all know who they are gunning for and its not the newbies.

I gather that either (and this is not an attack on you):

A) You don't work for us and have no clue what we do, or
B) You do work for us and have no idea what you SHOULD be doing and are overlooking things.

Last edited:
Its not that there's "no" union protection, but you are certainly at more risk than someone who is not on probation.

This is not like the 121 carriers. The SIC will hang for things that in the 121 world are not his responsibility. Many, many landmines to step on, many of them not even related to flying.
Its not a place for people who do not like to work hard or think certain jobs are beneath them. We sweat like dogs, get our hands dirty and our muscles torn up. And if you can't operate in that environment, or can't handle it where your destination changes hourly, or get legs added when you think you are done for the day.....this aint for you. Barring any changes to our contract, we have some good things here, but it is not for the 121-minded.

Last edited:
This is not like the 121 carriers. The SIC will hang for things that in the 121 world are not his responsibility. Many, many landmines to step on, many of them not even related to flying.
Its not a place for people who do not like to work hard or think certain jobs are beneath them. We sweat like dogs, get our hands dirty and our muscles torn up. And if you can't operate in that environment, or can't handle it where your destination changes hourly, or get legs added when you think you are done for the day.....this aint for you. Barring any changes to our contract, we have some good things here, but it is not for the 121-minded.

Is life a "bit" easier when you are an FO on the Gulfstream fleet? :)

This is a good post and brings up a couple of things I hadn't thought of. You most certainly are on the hook for things at NJA you aren't responsible for at a 121 carrier. The cabin being a big thing. Owner face time is another, and that is a HUGE one. I personally had two owners ticked at me for simply doing my job. One called the company prompting a call from my CP. Although I was doing the right thing, with which the chief agreed, I have little doubt I'd be trying to figure out how to feed my family if this happened today.

You should think twice before going to ANY company in negotiations or one that's hiring for attrition only.

Latest resources

Back