Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ guys - which airplane would pick as a new hire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Relax and don't let one guy's comment upset you. I was in the Hawker for over 6 years and the FOs get to fly just as much as the captains. As long as the FO has more than 75 hours, he/she can fly pax from the right seat. FO can fly empty legs from the left seat. MOST captains give the FOs the option to either fly every other leg and stay in the right seat the whole time or fly all the ferry legs from the left. 99% of the PICs do it this way in the Hawker.

No worries!

I must just have bad luck then G200. On the first days intros before we even get to the plane most of the pic's will say "I will be flying all the pax legs on the tour I hope you don't mind."

it seems to be a carry over from the old days where it was in the fom for pic's to fly all the pax legs. In a year on line only 3 capts have been cool with 50/50. Reasons vary from "its just the way I do things to I don't like doing pm flows from the left seat ect.."

personally I think the 800xp just has a lot old stick hogs. I still say NJA is an awesome company to work for.

personally I think the 800xp just has a lot old stick hogs.

Sorry guy, the aircraft your in has nothing to do with it. I've flown 4 different types for Netjets and i'm not buying any of this. As a captain, to those who qualify , I offer stay in seat and fly 50% of the legs or swap and fly empty legs. I have had just a couple (over 11 years of NJA PIC experience) want to stay in seat. On top of that, very close to half the legs are empty, regardless of the fleet your in. There's no way your trips are any different. Quit the whining!!

I must just have bad luck then G200. On the first days intros before we even get to the plane most of the pic's will say "I will be flying all the pax legs on the tour I hope you don't mind."

it seems to be a carry over from the old days where it was in the fom for pic's to fly all the pax legs. In a year on line only 3 capts have been cool with 50/50. Reasons vary from "its just the way I do things to I don't like doing pm flows from the left seat ect.."

personally I think the 800xp just has a lot old stick hogs. I still say NJA is an awesome company to work for.

Jack..., I'm truly sorry to hear that this sort of crap is still going on in some fleets. The rules have changed quite a bit in the G200 so the SICs can't EVER fly form the left seat anymore. It's not something I agree with but that's a whole different story. The way it is now in the 200 is that the PIC sits in the left seat and the SIC sits in the right seat. After the SIC shows that he can SMOOTHLY manipulate the controls, (in most cases) the two guys/gals will alternate legs. Doesn't matter if it's a pax leg or not.

The Collins XP has some real winners in it. There are a lot of great guys in it as well but unfortunately, it's the bad apples that set the standard. The only thing I can say is call them on it. The next time you get a PIC that says he needs to fly all the pax legs, simply ask him why. Don't be an *********************************** about it but just put him in a position where he has to explain his actions. He may have a great reason. Who knows. But if he doesn't, he'll have no choice but stop and think about it himself. TRUST ME... it works!! I know a couple of guys (good guys) that have had that mentality in the past until someone called them on it.

Be tactful and nice and see what happens.

Ultra

I've been on the Ultra for over 6 years and keep thinking about moving. After reading some of the posts on this thread, I will stay on the Ultra until they kick me off!

If you want a sweet bird, fly the G-200;

if you want 99% great crews, go to the 560 Ultra or Encore.

Maybe most crews are great on other fleets, I'm just speaking from my time on the Ultra.

I've been on the Ultra for over 6 years and keep thinking about moving. After reading some of the posts on this thread, I will stay on the Ultra until they kick me off!

If you want a sweet bird, fly the G-200;

if you want 99% great crews, go to the 560 Ultra or Encore.

Maybe most crews are great on other fleets, I'm just speaking from my time on the Ultra.

Hey now wait a minute! There's some cool guys in the 200! I can't think of any right now, but there HAS to be a couple!!!:D

Every fleet has there good pilots and bad pilots I can't put my finger on age I've flown with some really cool old guys and I've flown with some bitter old Airline retires that bitch about everything and don't want to do squawt when it comes to loading bags. I've flown with really cool young guys and I've flown with a few first time captains that think there ledgends in there own minds with something to prove.

If your coming here the encore, 400xp or CJ4 will be the first plane you all will be able to hold captain in and even that will be 5 years at a min. still better then the 10+ at the majors but just realize that prior to coming here.

I don't think new hires will be getting the Falcon or G-200 for awhile to many FO's in Non APU planes with No Locks and 2 years to upgrade here. Only thing I have heard after coming out of comp REC from an instructor is that they are not giving priority to the age 65 retired airline guys. I think word is getting back that we have hired a few too many that don't want to work and still think with an airline 121 captain mentality you can't sit up front and do your personal log book after your chocked you have to get out of your seat and welcome the owners to there destination and help with there luggage. Sorry old time guys those days are over with here.

Only thing I have heard after coming out of comp REC from an instructor is that they are not giving priority to the age 65 retired airline guys. I think word is getting back that we have hired a few too many that don't want to work and still think with an airline 121 captain mentality you can't sit up front and do your personal log book after your chocked you have to get out of your seat and welcome the owners to there destination and help with there luggage. Sorry old time guys those days are over with here.

Not to Pop your Bubble, but I find that Old Dudes Rule.

It seems that most of the old dudes have something to prove....that they are not too old to work...and work hard.

And my last tour was with a young dude that never gets out of his seat to deplane the pax. The first thing he does is send in his times, while the pax are deplaning.

The only thing I can say is call them on it. The next time you get a PIC that says he needs to fly all the pax legs, simply ask him why. Don't be an *********************************** about it but just put him in a position where he has to explain his actions. He may have a great reason. Who knows. But if he doesn't, he'll have no choice but stop and think about it himself. TRUST ME... it works!! I know a couple of guys (good guys) that have had that mentality in the past until someone called them on it.

Be tactful and nice and see what happens.

I truly appreciate this kind of attitude and open-minded/creative thinking!!! These are the types of crewmembers that I really enjoy flying with. You can just hear it in the way they speak/write.

You, my friend, are one of the "ones" that help make flying with the occasional "awful" crewmembers, more bearable!

Thanks for the fresh perspective and positive insight. :beer:

I think word is getting back that we have hired a few too many that don't want to work and still think with an airline 121 captain mentality you can't sit up front and do your personal log book after your chocked you have to get out of your seat and welcome the owners to there destination and help with there luggage. Sorry old time guys those days are over with here.

Most retirees probably havn't kept a logbook in 20 years.

FWIW I was told the other day that most new hires are going into the Sovereign and the Hawker 900.

Latest resources

Back