Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ guys - which airplane would pick as a new hire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmmmm????

if you want to be a radio and gear bitch all the time take the 800xp. 80% of your legs are pax and for some reason the capts have a complex about THEY do all pax legs. Thats usually the first thing they say in the first day intros. It gets old but its a good paycheck.

Wow Jack,

Either times have changed or it's just you!

I usually ask my Cpts to watch me run the radios and get confortable with me before they relinquish the controls to me.

Pretty much I suck so bad on the radios they make me fly!

After Mil leave I can hold Cpt on the 800XP.

Truthfully, I have always like the 800XP Cpts I flew with.

I've never had the problems you are speaking off?

Take care and good luck good luck!

Your seat lock starts the first day of ground school. It's a 39 month seat lock. After that 39th month, you have the right to switch airplanes (to another FO position) if you wish. Let's say you chose to do just that. Your new seat lock starts the day you receive the bid award for the new airplane. That's a 39 month seat lock as well. Now from here, one of two things will happen. You'll either upgrade to PIC in the airplane you're in, or you'll upgrade into a different airplane.

Your statment implies that folks hired now will be upgrading within their second seat lock.

I'll be willing to bet that anyone hired now will be very lucky indeed to see captain in that time frame.

I'm into my third year and fully expect another 1.5 to 2 years for upgrade. Get on today and you'll likely be looking at six years minimum. Just my fuzzy math.

Your statment implies that folks hired now will be upgrading within their second seat lock.

I'll be willing to bet that anyone hired now will be very lucky indeed to see captain in that time frame.

I'm into my third year and fully expect another 1.5 to 2 years for upgrade. Get on today and you'll likely be looking at six years minimum. Just my fuzzy math.

You may be right but who knows. I think that once the more senior guys quit playing musical chairs for good vacations and schedules, you'll see the upgrades come a bit faster. The musical chairs should last for the next 2 years or so.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Last edited:
G200 -- the equipment lock for a newhire actually starts on his first day of any company-required training, so indoc would be included. So the lock would expire on March 31, 2011.

Latest resources

Back