Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ guys - which airplane would pick as a new hire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another concern...

The previous comments about what the fleets do is accurate. So if the type of flying is your primary objective, the data is there. The money is the same for all. So that leaves bidding for vacation and schedule. If you get into a static fleet (X) or a fleet in reduction (ultra), you will not advance quickly. The sovereign and XL fleets are growing quickly. Your relative position within your fleet will advance because junior pilots are being hired and you move up. For example, there are about 60 sovereign FOs today, there were 30 three months ago. There will be another 30-40 in the next year. If you went into the X, you would be junior for a long, long time.

As far as other fleets: the G-200 is growing, but I believe all the FO spots were taken by folks with 2+ years; the Hawker 800s are growing very slowly; the Beechjunk deliveries are about over... just a few to go then the fleet is static....; the Falcon, its growth is also slow and previous slots were also transition FOs. The Encore+ is a new fleet and will be growing. It might be a good bet.

The Encore+ is a new fleet and will be growing. It might be a good bet.

The EP is scheduled for one delivery per month for the next 3-4 years, according to the company's onboard owner update magazine.

The EP is an improved Ultra, correct? IE, no APU.

No APU and it is a second-generation successor to the Ultra. The Encore was the first upgrade to the Ultra and the EP continues that effort. The EP, compared to the Ultra, has a hot wing, more powerful engines, FADEC, trailing link gear, higher MTOW, all-DC avionics, and a Collins Pro Line 21 setup among other improvements.

No APU and it is a second-generation successor to the Ultra. The Encore was the first upgrade to the Ultra and the EP continues that effort. The EP, compared to the Ultra, has a hot wing, more powerful engines, FADEC, trailing link gear, higher MTOW, all-DC avionics, and a Collins Pro Line 21 setup among other improvements.

braggart :D

I am suprised to hear there are so many "problem" captains in the Collins 800. I haven't run into this problem, but I am a Capt so I guess when I am with another Captain there is no turf war. Actually I offer the left seat to all FO's on the empty legs if they want it, but there are several who prefer to stay in the right seat and split the legs. I too would suggest asking these Cappys to explain their reasoning for not switching, I respect it is their call, but it would be interesting to hear why. There were a couple of winners several years back on the Ultra that would not swap seats, but they have all gone to the X I believe. Good place for them!

Latest resources

Back