• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nj Dal Base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And with DAL opening up all those folks hired post ratification who wanted DAL but wasn't allowed to have it had better be ready to file that grievance as soon as the first person junior to you is hired into the DAL Domicile.

Contact your P2P or a Steward ASAP for info.

I put the APP back in January. As someone correctly pointed out, it seems they seem to follow an order reference domiciles.

I must confess this invitation came out way out of left field. I had figured thet with all the folks on the streets they had more than enough quality candidates. Not that I am not flattered by the email. Needless to say the logbook is being dust off and the suit check to se if it still fits. After almost three years in regionals I have gained the provervial FO ten pounds.

Dallas

All u guys that think you are coming to Dallas when hired better stop and think about it. Our contract requires pilots already on board, to get first shot at the opening..no matter what HR sez........ If the pilots dont get the slot and a noobie fills it, there will be great penalties to pay. and the company will have to keep paying them every day the already on board pilot doesnt get that base. I cant believe the company would be that stupid!!

On the other hand, maybe they need a bunch of slots in DAL filled and there will be enough for everyone. As it has been explained in the past, the company will offer you the base at the end of the interview no matter what they have previously said, to get you to come to the interview.

You can always transfer to the base of your choice in the future as openings happen.

And at the end of the interview if the company does not offer me Dallas as a domicile then I will politely decline the offer and thank them for their time.

They will tell you what domicles they are interviewing for long before you ever make it to the interview. If you dont know where they are interviewing for then you probably shouldnt even be at the interview. Just a thought...

DO-82 driver said:
And with DAL opening up all those folks hired post ratification who wanted DAL but wasn't allowed to have it had better be ready to file that grievance as soon as the first person junior to you is hired into the DAL Domicile.

Contact your P2P or a Steward ASAP for info.

This is why I keep advising those that can commute in the meantime to take the job and then bid for DAL (or the preferred domicile) from within the ranks. You may get your choice sooner and your number will be higher--an important consideration in other areas.

Absolutely, if your rights are violated by not having the chance to bid for an opening in another domicile, then by all means, file a grievance. I fully expect that 1108 will monitor the situation to make sure the company honors their end of the LOA.

Good luck to all of you interviewing...or waiting.
NJW

badlander45 said:
And at the end of the interview if the company does not offer me Dallas as a domicile then I will politely decline the offer and thank them for their time.

I second that. Some of you took the chance at getting a change in domicile and some of us decided to wait. Only time will tell if it paid to wait. Best of luck to all.

I'm with you two. It'll be thanks, but no thanks, if I'm lucky enough to get offered anything other than DAL.

I'm shooting for an interview on either the 19-20 or 20-21. When are you guys going? PM me and maybe we can share some notes and thoughts.

theskyking.....!!! you are aiming or you have an interview for 19-20 or 20-21????..... if you have an interview for what base, I've been waiting for DAl for the last 5 months..... but nothing there..

Latest resources

Back