Nj Dal Base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
theskyking said:
I'm in the que, been there since February. Emailed Derinda last week to find out if there was an update. She said unfortunately nothing right now but she hopes to have some spots released to her pretty soon. Hopefully for those Oct/Nov dates you've heard about, GG.

Good luck to you. It is a good idea to keep in contact with Derinda - she's a sharp lady and one of the people that you might well interview with.

FLYLOW22 said:
I 2nd that!

That's what happens when the keyboard is quicker than the software...:rolleyes:

I was contacted for an August interview date. There were plenty of dates to choose from for the entire month, so sounds like they are still doing a lot of interviewing. My application was 'received' mid May. I'm looking to go to LAX. Good luck to those who are still waiting. I'm nervous as hell! :)

Your positive enthusiastic attitude will help. Being nervous shows you care and that the opportunity is important to you. Not all bad...:) Good Luck!

Columbus is already the biggest base so why are they pumping more guys into CMH? Do they want everyone near the mother ship?

This domicile thing seems like a debacle. I have confidence 1108 will straighten this out during the next contract.

I've been waiting for PBI since February....currently a Jetblue guy.

The contract states that seniority will govern domicile assignments and 1108 took steps to see that the pilots' rights are enforced. The recent LOA mandates that NJ pilots already on the payroll will be offered first choice of any domicile openings. If interested pilots can make another domicile work in the meantime it may be faster to take the job and bid for their preferred city as it becomes available. On the other hand, it is certainly understandable that one would want to make a job switch that was an improvement, not just a lateral move.

Having the domicile of your own choosing is definitely a QOL issue. Too bad others don't seem to get that. Debacle is a fitting description. It galls me to see pilots and their families subjected to (what has the appearance of being) nothing more than an experiment of dubious value.

Members of 1108 must remain actively involved and willing to follow their leadership council's example if progress is to be made on this and other issues facing the pilots in the next few years.

I think pilots interested in flying for NJA that are in need of a particular domicile could also help the process along by calling up to ask when the city they are waiting for might become available. As no one knows how satisfied or dissatisfied management is with the new arrangement, negative feedback from qualified candidates might help to open their eyes.
Good Luck to those involved,
NJW

Latest resources

Back