• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nice B6 history lesson

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess you can call anything a draft until it's signed. As far as your second sentence, I'd say the M/A language could not get much weaker. Do you realize 50%+1 of our pilots could be placed above the bottom guy on the other company's list, the rest could be placed below him, and the SLI portion of the our document would be satisfied? How does that sound to ya?

Is this the same PVC that told the pilot group 3 years ago that we have 'industry leading merger protection".

The same PVC/PWC process that tells the pilot group we are only 2.7% behind in retirement.

I think BB is saying the best is getting better.

There are less and less that are buying the crazy BB is selling.

Last edited:
I guess you can call anything a draft until it's signed. As far as your second sentence, I'd say the M/A language could not get much weaker. Do you realize 50%+1 of our pilots could be placed above the bottom guy on the other company's list, the rest could be placed below him, and the SLI portion of the our document would be satisfied? How does that sound to ya?

Probably sounds just fine to him. What does he care about the bottom 50%. Or bottom 90% for that matter. He got his.

Probably sounds just fine to him. What does he care about the bottom 50%. Or bottom 90% for that matter. He got his.

That's the thing. With our SLI language, he and the rest of us could be bottom 10% just like that. I guess it's best if you don't think about it.

Just remember, the 5 documents that were presented initially to the pilots was a draft. According to several pilots I talked to on the PVC, the M/A language was one of the strongest in the industry. I believe the uneasiness everyone feels about our current DR is because they don't want to be a part of something unique. They'd rather be a part of an ALPA history that is ripe with failure (TWA, MIDWEST AIRLINES-- again still no explanation from the peanut gallery).

With that said, I will no longer be chasing the dog's tail with you guys anymore... It's been fun to see your perspectives as well as your personal zingers, but as a student of history, I will vote with the facts-- not the emotion... I will vote and vote NO for ALPA...

We'll all see how it pans out soon enough, enjoy your summer guys!!!

According to some of the PVC members you spoke with? You mean Scott, Israel, Yoder or Grasely? These are your references? Their own lawyer, Kevin Fitzpatrick, told them the M/A language will not protect us. It's in the video.
This is the problem with many in our pilot group. The 4 PVC members mentioned above are not lawyers. Heck they aren't even on the side of the pilot group. When the lawyer that represents them tells us all that merger language in the documents is not designed to protect us why don't listen. Why don't you listen? Mind boggling.

You don't have to be pro or anti union to understand that these documents are not designed to protect us. Talk about having your head up your arse. Good luck Fox.

"no matter what you will allways have 70 hours of pay" Yeah I wonder about that 70 hours of pay. what seat? what rate? So everyone would get 70 hours pay E190 FO rate? Never has been clarified....

Well the vote is over in about 20 mins. Anyone want to make a prediction? You have to include percentages voting, and then percentages for an against.

My guess is it will pass with about a 55/45 margin. I'd like to see it higher, of course.

I'll put percentage of pilots voting one way or the other at about 87%.

Heading to an the Irish pub here in PDX to wait for the answer with a beer.

Im guessing 65% of voters cast a ballot, 45% for, 55% against

Latest resources

Back