• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nice B6 history lesson

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no regrets for my decision not to vote last time or my decision to vote this time. Nobody, the Company in this case, can say I didn't give them a fair chance.

I'm not thrilled to be voting for ALPA and thus supporting what is, among other things, a fat bloated beaurocracy, but that us the choice that is left.

I don't sweat Fubi/Velocipede. He'd support a union even if they claimed his first-born. As long as it has a union stamp, it's a-okay with him.

I'm not kicking sand in anyone's face. I support you guys wholeheartedly. I'm just saying you are the poster boys for "Daddy Dave will take care of me" disappointment.

And now, they're sending letters directly to your spouses to put pressure on you to vote no? That's low, man.

And you guys believed in them for over a decade?

Wow.

I'm not kicking sand in anyone's face. I support you guys wholeheartedly. I'm just saying you are the poster boys for "Daddy Dave will take care of me" disappointment.

And now, they're sending letters directly to your spouses to put pressure on you to vote no? That's low, man.

Wow.

Wow, with that kind of support who needs friends!??! My god man, every bit of "support" you claim is followed by a jab.

You can best help by not helping.

Thanks

Wow.

Hate to bring it over here, but seeing Fubi claim he supports "you guys wholeheartedly" is a bit of a joke. His whole disdain for VX is based on the fact that bankruptcy courts imposed JetBlue rates on ALPA carriers, so all start-ups are bottom feeders filled with quick upgrade hungry industry backstabbers.

Best of luck to you guys in your decision.

Wow.

Be careful with "you guys".

Some of us (49, to be exact) voted for ALPA on the last go around, and will vote for them again.

I'm glad to see Fins has made an educated decision, especially since he was in my new hire class and all.

So riddle me this...does it bother B6 pilots that there is a non-Union outfit (VX) undercutting YOUR wages by $45 an hour?

So riddle me this...does it bother B6 pilots that there is a non-Union outfit (VX) undercutting YOUR wages by $45 an hour?

Honestly, so far they're not in our peer set. And since we just have no idea what negotiations are going to look like, they may never be. I'll start to be truly upset if they are. That said, it's kinda sad that they have yet to learn the same lessons we did, and they'll probably have to learn them the hard way just like we did.

Honestly, so far they're not in our peer set. And since we just have no idea what negotiations are going to look like, they may never be. I'll start to be truly upset if they are. That said, it's kinda sad that they have yet to learn the same lessons we did, and they'll probably have to learn them the hard way just like we did.

Well, maybe they're just a start-up carrier like we were 12 years ago... If I recall, Captains started here at $78/hr... We currently make double that now-- I'd say that's some progress although I'm sure you'd say that we're still underpaid, overworked blue-juicers anyway.

Well, maybe they're just a start-up carrier like we were 12 years ago... If I recall, Captains started here at $78/hr... We currently make double that now-- I'd say that's some progress although I'm sure you'd say that we're still underpaid, overworked blue-juicers anyway.

It's not all about the pay rates. Mine is about where is should be. My benefits and job protections are not. Too many obvious holes in current and proposed PEAs and other governing documents.

Latest resources

Back