Nice B6 history lesson

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blue Bayou,

I just started at B6 so I for one will not get the opportunity to vote. So how I feel about this vote means nothing either way. But 20 years left. Paying 1.95% in union dues a year. $100,000 in union dues means you are makeing over $250k per year. Is that really the case. If it is you really just made my day, as I didn't expect my earning potential to really get that high. Especially since you are makeing that by year 11 at the most. I understand that 1.95% out of your pay check really sucks. Since your union dues are apparently gonna be about $4875 a year, but come on man, you are makeing a quarter million bucks a year. Since you are probably very senior, based on your pay rate, you probably also make this money with 15-16 days off a month. I am just saying that either way the vote does go, I think you should be just fine financially either way. Now its time to get back to my Lights and Switches guide, and you guys can get back to argueing about hypothetical situations, and ALPA

You keep say that first contracts are concessionary, but when I asked you a while back to show me some examples, none were forthcoming. Are you fibbing?

Of course, if by concessionary in "some form" mean they take away the Kew Shuttle but I get industry standard retirement, by all means, sign me up.

Yep, we start with a blank piece of paper, but untill all the T's are crossed and I's are dotted and the group accepts the contract, then the PEA remains the staus quo.

If the company wants to make us the poster child for the other groups, they can certainly try, but then, what does that say about management. You have probably heard the saying:"A company gets the Union it derseves!" Case in point, AMR vs. SWA.

As for your 100K, you might want to listen to the JAOC podcast and learn how much your retirement shortfall really is, or you could believe the company math. Entirely your choice!

First of all, I don't believe in propaganda from either the company nor JOAC. What I look at is facts. The fact is ALPA these last 10 years has failed on a grand scale. You say we can wait for the first contract until all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed to ensure we don't get a concessionary first contract... Well, are you willing to wait 6 years like Evergreen has as they pursue their first contract?-- meanwhile, NOTHING changes with your pay, benefits, work rules, or retirement... The only thing that changes is I'm out about $5K/year during this time period. Furthermore, if the majority of JBLU pilots are seeking ALPA representation due to M/A reasons, how come no one here has explained to me what happened with Midwest Airlines' pilots. Failed, failed, failed... Have you read some of the briefs on how ALPA sold out the TWA pilot group during their ordeal? They lost the lawsuit for a big, big reason-- they didn't do their job as promised. They're happy collecting your dues but when it comes time to anty up, you're left with a peanut and butter and jelly sandwich to make with the Jiffy jar empty...

The USAir/Mid-Atlantic lawsuit is up next. They have the same lawyer as the TWA pilots and this guy has never lost a case against ALPA. Time to settle out of court for an undisclosed amount.

New York attorney Michael Haber has filed a $400 million class-action lawsuit on behalf of 230 MidAtlantic Airways pilots against ALPA, US Airways, America West, Republic Airways and Republic’s owner, Wexford Capital. The suit charges that the union and the airlines conspired to dupe furloughed US Airways pilots into accepting lower pay and benefits by portraying MidAtlantic as a separate entity, leading them to think they would retain their rights to recall by US Airways.

Last edited:
Blue Bayou,

I just started at B6 so I for one will not get the opportunity to vote. So how I feel about this vote means nothing either way. But 20 years left. Paying 1.95% in union dues a year. $100,000 in union dues means you are makeing over $250k per year. Is that really the case. If it is you really just made my day, as I didn't expect my earning potential to really get that high. Especially since you are makeing that by year 11 at the most. I understand that 1.95% out of your pay check really sucks. Since your union dues are apparently gonna be about $4875 a year, but come on man, you are makeing a quarter million bucks a year. Since you are probably very senior, based on your pay rate, you probably also make this money with 15-16 days off a month. I am just saying that either way the vote does go, I think you should be just fine financially either way. Now its time to get back to my Lights and Switches guide, and you guys can get back to argueing about hypothetical situations, and ALPA

$$$4nothin,

You will never be senior enough to make what BB does. The ability to make that kind of money here at JB is reserved for top of the seniority list. A middle of the road guy will probably not be able to make much more than 150,000 unless you you have no life. That is part of the problem he does not want to rock the boat because he has got his.

$$$4nothin,

You will never be senior enough to make what BB does. The ability to make that kind of money here at JB is reserved for top of the seniority list. A middle of the road guy will probably not be able to make much more than 150,000 unless you you have no life. That is part of the problem he does not want to rock the boat because he has got his.

That is the impression I have been getting from him.

Hey Fox APA's chief council stated that had TWA not accepted the SLI integration AMR would have opted to wait for TWA to liquidate. ALPA did all it could.

Well, are you willing to wait 6 years like Evergreen has as they pursue their first contract?-- meanwhile, NOTHING changes with your pay, benefits, work rules, or retirement...

The pilots of JetBlue have been waiting 11 years for retirement, proper scope and merger language and an industry average compensation package. 11 years....still waiting.

Me and my family are done waiting for improvements that are not and cannot happen under the current structure. So your 6 year example is irrelevant...we've been waiting 11 years and we will continue to wait if we don't change the process. That's what this is all about.

Latest resources

Back