• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

News just reported CRJ crash...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for posting that Don, I knew both the gentlemen. A very sad day for the famalies of both pilots. God Bless.

N8396a

The flight was operated with a Canadair Regional Jet. This aircraft has a capacity of 50 passengers, two pilots and one flight attendant. The aircraft operating this specific flight was delivered to Pinnacle on May 18, 2000, and was new at the time of delivery. The aircraft had flown 10,161 hours and had been inspected in accord with FAA regulations and manufacturer specifications. The major inspections revealed no major findings.
I remember taking pitures of this one at the hangar when it was first delivered--it was also my first command in 2000. Very sad.

I only met Jesse once; very nice, very likable fellow. Best wishes to their families.

mesaba2425 said:
Does anyone know the names of the crewmembers? I know many pilots that fly for 9E but I haven't been able to track any of them down.

According to the latest press release:

The pilots were Captain Jesse Rhodes and First Officer Richard Peter Cesarz. Captain Rhodes joined Pinnacle in February 2003. Previously, he had been a Captain at another regional airline and had accumulated over 6,700 flight hours. First Officer Cesarz joined Pinnacle in June 2004.

Godspeed,
Murk

Holy Cow

I was pretty good friends with the FO Peter... we both obtained our ratings when we went to Gulfstream when the flight school was still open...god rest his soul.

It's incidents like this or the Charlotte crash that remind me when it comes to regional airline accidents, it could have been any of us. Who knows what minor things make the difference between a scary incident and a flight you never walk away from.

Pinnacle pilots, on behalf of all your regional brothers and sisters, please accept our deepest sympathies. We may "compete" with you at times, but now we mourn the loss of two of your own... hell, OUR own... right there with you.

God bless their souls, and God be with their co-workers, families, and friends during this most difficult time.

A very sad day indeed for us all. :(

On behalf of the pilots at Independence Air I would like to offer our prayers to the pilots and the families left behind.

Fly Safely

Mike

The flight was operated with a Canadair Regional Jet. This aircraft has a capacity of 50 passengers, two pilots and one flight attendant. The aircraft operating this specific flight was delivered to Pinnacle on May 18, 2000, and was new at the time of delivery. The aircraft had flown 10,161 hours and had been inspected in accord with FAA regulations and manufacturer specifications. The major inspections revealed no major findings.

I flew this plane day before yesterday. Sent a shiver up my spine.

May God be with them and their families.

Are any groups setting up any support facilities for their families?

Latest resources

Back