News Flash - Pinnacle Requests Type IV in August

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dodge said:
That's pretty f'ing sad that a professional rj pilot can't perform a simple task such as setting an altimeter, and then is dumb enough to document his incompetence.

That photo is a little odd. My question is why would you want a photo bragging about being at FL410 post-Jefferson City?

Just my two cents worth.

What's worse is that the entire sequence as the original post states never happened. xjjet is lying. It's that simple.

Then later in the thread and right on schedule, the usual anti-9E dummies emerge from under their respective rocks and start bashing 9E for past events. Great job, mofos.

I'm just waiting for the next BS 9E thread to start from some other disgruntled idiot.

Man, I need a beer after reading this thread... When the he11 is my showtime again? Ah, I remember the rule. No smoking 12 hours before show and no drinking 50 feet from the aircraft... Bartender! Another round please!

Sincerely,

MM

jackbo said:
wow. i didn’t know how to spell it correctly. i must be as dumb as most of your pilots. you busted me on that one. thanks for watching out for me.

you could call to ask if there are any drunk mesaba pilots, or you could call dispatch (if they answer) and ask if the plane will be there in the morning or if it crashed while being repo-ed.

maybe the repo crew can take it all the way to 410 like smiling paul and brag about how small the speed snake is, and then take a picture of it complete with the wrong altimeter setting and post it on the internet.

yep. you guys are as safe as anyone out there.

Be a big boy, and tell the above in a DTS/MEM/MSP crewroom...

Dodge said:
That's pretty f'ing sad that a professional rj pilot can't perform a simple task such as setting an altimeter, and then is dumb enough to document his incompetence.

The really sad thing is that the altimeter setting will start flashing passing through FL180. It's pretty hard to miss.

Simon Says said:
hehehehe......That was a grand slam comeback....I usually don't chime in on 9E vs. XJ tennis match, but this come back was out of the park.....LOL

before you get flamed by my bretherens at Mesaba the Avro Captain event was a different situation in Grand Forks. The patio furniture was just the BRD event.

Simon buddy I know the feeling. I was just referring to Xjjetdog's profile. Saw the SF3/146 types and figured he was a relatively senior CA. Hope all is well in XJ land.
Rook
(possibly stuck unless our DHD to DTW doesn't cancel) ;)

Paul H. said:
I recently finished my simulator training for Northwest Airlink where I’ll be flying a Canadair Regional Jet, which is just a bit smaller than an Airbus

Paul H. said:
The training took place out in Wilmington, Delaware. When we were done with training we got on the plane in Philadelphia to go back to Memphis and get our ID badges, which is what we’d been working toward for two months. After my simulator partner, Nick, and I had already sat down, the lead flight attendant came up to us, asked if we were the two pilots from Northwest Airlink, we said “yes” and then he said, “The Captain would like to welcome you guys up front.” Since I’ve never had a job where I was able to jump seat with the airlines I was pretty excited to be invited up to the cockpit! The jump seat is an extra seat in the cockpit for another pilot to sit in. I was sitting in the window seat, Nick was sitting in the aisle seat, and our examiner, Greg, was sitting a couple rows in front of us. As soon as I heard that we were invited up front, I jumped over Nick, and walked as fast as I could to the cockpit (Nick says it looked more like a slow run but I disagree).

When I got up to the cockpit door of the Airbus, the First Officer was standing there, and had a somewhat confused look on his face when I came racing up there. He asked me, “Can I help you sir?” I said, “The Captain wants to see me!” I burst through the cockpit door, tapped the Captain on the shoulder and said, “Sir, I heard you wanted to see me.” He looked just as confused as the First Officer and said, “Who are you?!” Just as he said that, I looked back at Nick and Greg, as they were taking their seats in first class. I then realized that when the flight attendant said that we were welcome up front, he meant first class, and not the cockpit. Maybe I’m not quite ready for an Airbus yet but when I am, at least I’ll know the way to the cockpit

This guy is kinda funny (in a sad sense). Kinda makes me want to lose my Arby's 5 for $5.95 that I had for dinner.

All must see.

Last edited:
It would be nice if everyone got excited about a job like this guy did.

All I can say is good luck. Run with it and never look back.

Latest resources

Back