Newest Boyd prediction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
I never said they did sir. Fact of the matter is your airline is selling airplanes because it can't pay the bills.

If that hurts your feelings I am sorry.

Furthermore, I dont fly for AA anymore and I am not going back.

Wrong. They are selling airplanes because they don't need them for the next year and they found someone to buy them. They will actually make money in the transaction and reduce debt. It has nothing to do with paying the bills. If AA could sell the all the Super 80's they have and make money they would do it in a hearbeat. The only reason they have 25+ year old airplanes is because they own them and nobody wants them. There is actually a market for used 320's and if JBLU doesn't need the airframes for the next year why not sell them and make some money? If you want to believe that selling 5 airplanes to make some money indicates the slow death of JBLU then go ahead and beleive it.

Truckdriver said:
Wrong. They are selling airplanes because they don't need them for the next year and they found someone to buy them. They will actually make money in the transaction and reduce debt. It has nothing to do with paying the bills. If AA could sell the all the Super 80's they have and make money they would do it in a hearbeat. The only reason they have 25+ year old airplanes is because they own them and nobody wants them. There is actually a market for used 320's and if JBLU doesn't need the airframes for the next year why not sell them and make some money? If you want to believe that selling 5 airplanes to make some money indicates the slow death of JBLU then go ahead and beleive it.
Yeah, keep telling that to yourself. The blue koolaid must taste good.

Still waiting for some documentation to prove at least one of your points. I know I am wasting my time asking for this but I thought I might as well try.

Peoples Express all over again!! :rolleyes:

FlyBoeingJets said:
So you admit it?

We all remember those guys who said when the free maintenance runs out it would change the ballgame for JetBlue.

Now you're saying they were right??? ;)

Everyone knows that JBLU got a deal on MX from Airbus. Everyone with half a brain knows that MX costs go up over time. The guys at JBLU didn't set up a business plan and start an airline without factoring in higher MX costs over time. So yes, MX costs are increasing. The increasing MX costs are by no means something JBLU is too worried about. The only people worried about the increase in MX costs are the USA today journalists and a bunch of folks who get all their info from flightinfo.

Truckdriver said:
Everyone knows that JBLU got a deal on MX from Airbus.

EVERYONE gets a deal from Airbus. Thats why you guys bought their jets.
Thats why AA at this very moment is talking to Airbus about buying A320's.

Truckdriver said:
Everyone with half a brain knows that MX costs go up over time. The guys at JBLU didn't set up a business plan and start an airline without factoring in higher MX costs over time.

It's called "Leveraging" and it is imploding on the folks at JetBlue. Sorry that in a few years you will be the next People's Express but those who fail to read history are doomed to repeat it. This experiment has been tried before. It wasn't pretty.

Truckdriver said:
So yes, MX costs are increasing. The increasing MX costs are by no means something JBLU is too worried about.

Really? Are you on the Board of Directors?

Truckdriver said:
The only people worried about the increase in MX costs are the USA today journalists and a bunch of folks who get all their info from flightinfo.

Then why are you posting here? I am not worried about your airline I am just commenting on it. You are the one that takes such offense to critisim of B6. Not me

Dangerkitty like to hear himself talk.......he is an idiot. I didn't know that any fortune 500 companies operate heavies.........must not know what a heavy is do ya?

Last edited:
mrvmo said:
Dangerkitty like to hear himself talk.......he is an idiot. I didn't know that any fortune 500 companies operateed heavies.........must not know what a heavy is do ya?

Ahhhhhhh, MrVmo the jaded TWA pilot likes to chime in. Good to see ya again.

Well sir I fly a "Corporate Heavy" for a company that pays me very well to do so. I am sorry that you cannot find such a company.

The TWA thing happened about 6 years ago dude. Time to get over your anger.

it's like watching ping pong:beer:

mrvmo said:
Dangerkitty like to hear himself talk.......he is an idiot.
Furthermore, why am I an idiot? Because I disagree with you? Because I have made look like a total idiot everytime you have tried to battle wits with me?

Face it MrVmo you are too stupid to talk or debate with me. The fact that your speak, read and understand the English language is a mystery to me.

If you want to debate or have an issue about the points I make then fine. But the fact that you can only attack me personally shows me why you are flying for that POS operation that you fly for.

Sorry your life sucks so bad.

You have got to draw the line when someone picks on a former TWA flyer.

I say B6 is going to become an 100 seater airline. Getting rid of all the 320's to raise cash. Lower their costs with the payscales on the EMB jet.

SWA/FO said:
You have got to draw the line when someone picks on a former TWA flyer.

I say B6 is going to become an 100 seater airline. Getting rid of all the 320's to raise cash. Lower their costs with the payscales on the EMB jet.

I say SWA is going to hire a regional carrier to fly 70-100 seaters for them and the future jobs of mainline SWA will go to SKYW or CHQ. It will be lots cheaper to hire a regional carrier to do the work than to do it in-house. I also predict pay-cuts for SWA pilots when the fuel hedges run out. Because once the fuel hedges run out at SWA it's all downhill from there. They'll go out of business once they have to start paying for fuel. :)

Latest resources

Back