• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Newest Boyd prediction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:bawling::bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: That's it kid, get it all out!

Holy Cow! Everyone here is a guru! Now time for some positive thoughts. There should be room for SWA and JetBlue, there is not a lot of overlap now as it is. All the current legacy carriers will probably survive, after some consolidation. We will all still have jobs, right? What will you guys bicker about then?

Why don't they shed aircraft debt to lower cost ATA and drive that bankrupt. Oh yeah that's the plan isn't it? ATA will fly the international routes and don't be surprised if they show up with the 100 seaters.

one step ahead of them with the E-190.

Truck Driver,

What is with the infatuation of the EMB-190?????? It is a 100 seat jet with seat-back tv's. Maybe JB has strippers as FA's!!! There is nothing magical about this airplane except it pays alot less than most airlines operating 100 seat aircraft. When your every day pax books a flight form A-B they look at price, price, price. The question we as pilots have to ask ourselves is how low will you go to fly jets???? Aparently the bar is still too high!!!!

mainline SWA will go to SKYW or CHQ. It will be lots cheaper to hire a regional carrier to do the work than to do it in-house.

Truckdriver,

Show me a stand alone rj operator that is profitable on its own and I'll buy you a beer. Southwest is a sleepin giant. I don't think the Dave and Dave show want to piss them off right now.

As far as selling the 5 jets, I don't know what the motive was but have you ever heard the phrase "shrinking to profitability"? To all you blue guys I don't mean this as a slam, just an angle of discussion.

Back on topic, I think someone hijacked Boyd's computer. I can't remember a nice thing he has ever said about Southwest. I do, however, think he's on target with this one. All the "legacy" carriers are looking overseas for profits. It's only logical that Southwest would do this as well. Where was United, Delta and AA when they were 35 years old? I think it's very safe to assume that we won't be "that little ole Texas airline" in the next 10 or 20 years.

Gup

Last edited:
JetFumes said:
Holy Cow! Everyone here is a guru! Now time for some positive thoughts. There should be room for SWA and JetBlue, there is not a lot of overlap now as it is. All the current legacy carriers will probably survive, after some consolidation. We will all still have jobs, right? What will you guys bicker about then?

JetFumes,

Don't forget to add Virgin USA to the mix. And yes there is probably another round of consolidation among airlines. We might all still have jobs but I can promise you this it will be for alot less pay than you are making now. Afterall we love to fly, Right???? Remember FAA controllers make alot more than most airline pilots.

On the serious note.... The SWA pilots are not considering really letting SWA do a fee for departure situation with ATA. You guys realize that SWA will be selling the tickets for ATA as if it were their own routes. They will probably even paint the ATA planes in SWA livery with an operated by ATA sticker. You realize you will be the first pilots to give up widebody scope? Is it only ok as long as the ATA pilots don't make more money than you?

mrvmo said:
Dangerkitty like to hear himself talk.......he is an idiot. I didn't know that any fortune 500 companies operate heavies.........must not know what a heavy is do ya?

I have no dog in this fight and I'm not even sure if it's a F500 company. But Google operates a 767.

Latest resources

Back