Newest Boyd prediction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Truckdriver said:
And all of the changes Southwest will make are in response to what JetBlue is doing. If Southwest Doesn't change, JetBlue will stomp them into the ground. I see JetBlue becoming bigger and better than Southwest because they are already one step ahead of them with the E-190. All of the sudden Southwest is talking about IFE, assigned seating, and 100 seaters like they have come across a great new plan. JetBlue had that all figured out years ago and the plan is now being executed. I think Southwest has realized they have a competitive moster on their hands and they are scrambling to figure out how to beat it. Good luck!!

I do think JetBlue is firmly on track to fight most other airlines, Regionals and legacies alike.

But I also think it's an uphill battle against Southwest.

JetBlue has to overcome the inefficiency of a smaller, 2 airplane fleet and has to bear the costs of pulling revenue generating pilots out to attend training on a second airplane.

Then there is that debt and higher interest rate thingamabob...

Maybe your prediction is looking 3 years ahead and beyond. Then I see some hope for it.

But by then USAir, Delta, UAL and NWA (feeder or mainline) 190's will be firmly in the running for dominance....

Last edited:
It'll Be Big - Real Big - From The Start. No bootstrapping heres, this carrier's going to be big - a fleet of several hundred airliners, eventually comprised of units from 100 to 140 seats. It won't follow the nonsense espoused by empty-suit academics who claim just one airplane type is best - it'll have a fleet that's structured to flexibly access maximum revenue, not win an "A" grade from some zipperhead professor at the Whartog School of Business. Probably it will end up with at least three airliner types between 100 and roughly 150 seats. No RJs - the airline knows better. No widebodies, either.

Is that really Boyd describing a future SWA????

What is he smoking??? I don't believe that is him talking.

3 airline types is mad. Especially with no widebody.

FlyBoeingJets,

The widebody aircraft and International markets are being developed even as we type. It's called ATA.

How did that press release read? "Extensive international network on the East and West Coast."

I thought Boyd was always predicting SWA's demise... now it is set to gobble up the world. Which prediction is right? I guess he can't be wrong now!

damn................................

I was seriously hoping his prediction was the liquidation of American Eagle. If it was, I could have rested easy knowing I had job security and a stable future.

Now, "backwards Boyd" has got me real worried. I'm still hoping he'll announce the above soon so I can rest a little easier. I've still got hope though...........

If that dizzy and clueless broad over at "The Street" can proclaim Eagle's hopeless future, I still might have a chance.

Fingers are crossed.

Jolly Roger said:
I thought Boyd was always predicting SWA's demise... now it is set to gobble up the world. Which prediction is right? I guess he can't be wrong now!

You saw that too. He always hedges his bets so he can backtrack when his "main" predictions don't turn out as planned.

This is a test.................

I'm going to type the word D a m n (a word approved for prime time TV) several times and see what the Flightinfo CENSORS have programed their system to do.

Here goes :

Damn, damn, damn, and finally damn.

Dangerkitty said:
Yeah, because selling brand new airplanes is a great way to kick the snot out of Southwest! :rolleyes:

If selling the oldest 5 airplanes that you OWN will reduce some of your debt and make you some money at the same time, then it is a great business move. A reduction in debt with an increase in cash is a great move even if it is done by selling old airplanes that will be replaced by new ones with lower maintenance costs. If you think that is a bad move you obviously have a flight technology degree from Riddle and no understanding of how to run a business.

That's what I thought.

Once again, our ultra-conservative right-wing freinds at shhhhhhhhhhhhh.........I better not say it or I'll go to H E "double toothpicks" (most likely censored as well) have gone too far.

Germany in the early '40's, Cuba in the '70's or the USA in 2006 ?

You decide.

Latest resources

Back