• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Routes for Virgin America?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then we all should play a part in stopping the slide using whatever tools we have. No?

I'm talking about B6, SX, VA, Allegiant...any non-union company that undercuts Union pay and benefits.

They all give airline managers the excuse to lower our wages using the "industry average" argument.

I work for a union carrier, but last time I checked B6 had highest payscale A320 captains in the US. Thats not including the fact that they get 1.5 pay over 70 hours a month. I can appreciate your position, but a jumpseat war helps no one. I live in base, but I will never deny a jumpseater for what carrier they work for, whether they are usapa or alpa, whether they are pro or anti union. I just wont deny jumpseaters for petty reasons, and I would not deny you.

Boston? Miami? Chicago? The run has started..it's a marathon not a sprint!;)
A marathan, huh? Well, with any luck you'll trip and sprain your ankle after the first stride.

I work for a union carrier, but last time I checked B6 had highest payscale A320 captains in the US. Thats not including the fact that they get 1.5 pay over 70 hours a month.

And did it ever occur to you that Legacy narrowbody rates were imposed by the Bankruptcy Court, pensions lost and work rules shattered precisely because that was what B6 was getting at the time. Is is beyond you that the rape of USAir, UAL, NWA and DAL pilots was DIRECTLY a result of an airline operating in the world's largest media market becoming the New York media darlings and the "model" for how to make money on the backs of Labor?

I guess you think that is purely coincidental.

I can appreciate your position, but a jumpseat war helps no one. I live in base, but I will never deny a jumpseater for what carrier they work for, whether they are usapa or alpa, whether they are pro or anti union. I just wont deny jumpseaters for petty reasons, and I would not deny you.

Well, you are a selfless wonder. Personally, I'm prepared to use every weapon at my command to reverse the giant sucking sound of our wages, work rules and benefits departing as Companies strive to match the B6, VA, SXes of the world.

Isn't it interesting that the biggest bashers of SX are B6 pilots? I guess they recognize the effect an outfit like that has on THEIR wages, since they did it to us.

Sort of like accepting 40% less pay and agreeing on outsourcing more flying hum? Some pilot groups more than others but, we all have played a part in the lowering of that now infamous bar.
There is a difference between getting hammered in bankruptcy and accepting a position with a POS "company" like VA. It's cabotage and their pilots are borderline criminals.

And did it ever occur to you that Legacy narrowbody rates were imposed by the Bankruptcy Court, pensions lost and work rules shattered precisely because that was what B6 was getting at the time. Is is beyond you that the rape of USAir, UAL, NWA and DAL pilots was DIRECTLY a result of an airline operating in the world's largest media market becoming the New York media darlings and the "model" for how to make money on the backs of Labor?

I guess you think that is purely coincidental.

Well, you are a selfless wonder. Personally, I'm prepared to use every weapon at my command to reverse the giant sucking sound of our wages, work rules and benefits departing as Companies strive to match the B6, VA, SXes of the world.

Isn't it interesting that the biggest bashers of SX are B6 pilots? I guess they recognize the effect an outfit like that has on THEIR wages, since they did it to us.

Granted that B6 might have had some impact on bankruptcies of other carriers, but to blame the woes of the legacy carriers SOLEY on the payrates at B6 is ignorant. The fact is, at that time B6 not only had lower fares, but they had a better product. I agree that they had an impact on the major airlines, but so did mismanagement within the legacy carriers, a failing buisness model, 9/11, soaring fuel prices, and a glut of RJ's that no one likes to travel on. They based their model on buisness travelers, the same buisness travelors they said f#ck this, I am flying netjets where I don't have to deal with all the tsa bull$hit.

But all that is irrelevant. The relevant part is that using your jumpseat as a weapon is purely selfish. I am guessing you don't commute, because if you did I can't see how you would want to subject your union brothers to a jumpseat war that will benefit NO ONE. Jetblue pilots are not just going to start a union because some you decided to deny them a couple of jumpseats. Listen, I don't like skybus or the lot as much as anyone, but I am not going to start a jumpseat war that will inevitably not screw me but will screw my brothers at my airline when they want to go home. Part of being professional is leaving politics and personal biases at the jetway door and acting kind and cordial to your fellow pilot, whatever his career path might be.

A marathan, huh? Well, with any luck you'll trip and sprain your ankle after the first stride.
Is that the best you have ALPO boy? Marathan??? Is that Kool-aid Alpo laced? I thought so!

But all that is irrelevant. The relevant part is that using your jumpseat as a weapon is purely selfish. I am guessing you don't commute, because if you did I can't see how you would want to subject your union brothers to a jumpseat war that will benefit NO ONE. Jetblue pilots are not just going to start a union because some you decided to deny them a couple of jumpseats. Listen, I don't like skybus or the lot as much as anyone, but I am not going to start a jumpseat war that will inevitably not screw me but will screw my brothers at my airline when they want to go home. Part of being professional is leaving politics and personal biases at the jetway door and acting kind and cordial to your fellow pilot, whatever his career path might be.

Well said! May your words be heeded by all!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back