• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Routes for Virgin America?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You go to work for VA and you'd better move to SFO. There are more and more Captains who will not extend jumpseat privileges to non-Union pilots who work for companies who undercut Union contracts.

Are we talking about Jet Blue or Virgin America?

JB is OK with me...i had a JB jumpseater the other day and he offered to clean the cockpit!
ROFLMAO!

Disclaimer: I have SEVERAL friends who fly for JB, but I don't care WHO you are... THAT'S funny.

And yeah, what a GREAT time to launch a new airline. Branson gets to prove the age-old advice he gave years ago about money and airlines.

The word on the street at jb is that VA was frozen out of JFK. The slot restrictions that will soon take place were supposedly from a snapshot of all flight ops at JFK in August of last year. Since they had few slots, they will not benefit from the restrictions.

This is pure rumor though. Maybe someone has any more info?

Which begs the question to the VA dudes -- if they can't expand in JFK, where are they gonna make their historic run?

The slotting of JFK increased Virgin America's daily departures from 6 to 10. They were asking for 15 additionals per year.

Are we talking about Jet Blue or Virgin America?

I'm talking about B6, SX, VA, Allegiant...any non-union company that undercuts Union pay and benefits.

They all give airline managers the excuse to lower our wages using the "industry average" argument.

I'm talking about B6, SX, VA, Allegiant...any non-union company that undercuts Union pay and benefits.

They all give airline managers the excuse to lower our wages using the "industry average" argument.

Sort of like accepting 40% less pay and agreeing on outsourcing more flying hum? Some pilot groups more than others but, we all have played a part in the lowering of that now infamous bar.

Commuting from STL should be no problem. You can go on a 50 seat RJ, oversold by 30 people. By the way, it will leave late or not at all, and will be limited to Cat I WX - which should be no problem at SFO.

Oh, yeah. If you're lucky it will be a 70 seater operated by non-union interlopers so you'll get along great. All of the other above stuff still applies though.

AA and Hulas have made STL a commuter nightmare.

PIPE

Latest resources

Back