• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Pinnacle Management team

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way I see our unions working so well with Delta and Pinnacle....All it would take would be for a secret letter of agreement with 9E union reps, Delta's Union reps, and delta. We shall call it LOA "bypass scope". It would include the voted upon pay rates by 9E for the 76 seat jets and possibly even new rates for the 100 seat type plane. I would also bet on a pay raise for current delta pilots. That way they could load up the cheap 76 flying with hundreds of planes but with no scope issues as they all would be Delta pilots.

This is a far fetched scenario as Delta does not have to do this to make a lot of money off of Pinnacle.

AS for Hats and uniforms. You at Delta might think buying uniform pieces as a good tax right off, for me its just something that takes money out of my kids mouths and my mortgage payments. There was a contract that said Pinnacle had to buy my uniform pieces and they skipped buying me a HAT, WINGS, and something to keep me warm. So screw the hats, unless I get a Delta number, then I will wear my sweater and whatever black jacket I want. AS for Hats, I will wear my black stocking cap to keep warm, my baseball cap while flying and that is it. My blue Mesaba hat will continue being my key holder at my house.

Giving us tens of thousands in pay cuts and then making us pay for our uniforms while you get tens of thousands in raises and having your uniform paid for does not give you the right to tell me to buy a bleeping hat.

So your tellin' me there's a chance? ;). As I said in a different thread, everyone has a price.

There is always a chance, but that particular chance is extremely small. The best timing for that is during a mainline BK, and thanks to consolidation (less competition) and new fees (bag and ticket changes), it is even more unlikely. But, you can always hope.

Bye Bye---General Lee

There is always a chance, but that particular chance is extremely small. The best timing for that is during a mainline BK, and thanks to consolidation (less competition) and new fees (bag and ticket changes), it is even more unlikely. But, you can always hope.

Bye Bye---General Lee

He's doing the quote from Dumb and Dumber. It's a young man's thing, don't worry about it GL. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCKOI24k_UY

This is one of my worries. 50% pay hike at mainline for 120 seat scope. The plug at DL will be the plug until retirement. An analyst said mainline will grow with less pay or will shrink dramatically with staggering pay for the last pilots to be employed by mainline.

Here is my anal ysis The pilot shortage is actually coming and it will arrive very quickly and very hard when it does. US air needs 150 pilots in the next 3 months. United will have to hire off the street in 2014 500-600 pilots. Spirit needs bodies for their proposed growth. Alliegent is growing. American will hire off the street by the summer and is already recallign american eagle pilots.
The us air /american merger will slow things down a bit, but in the next 7 years that combined airline will retire 700-1000 pilots a year.
The majors will be able to keep up for a little while but the regionals will not and they will suffer.
What better way for Delta to help their problem than to absorb pinnacle right into their mainline list. 2000 pilots they will not need to hire. Also, 2000 pilots that the other guys wont be able to hire (some will still leave of course)
Delta is very forward thinking and for those of you who say no way this will never happen, ask yourself this:
1. Did you predict Delta would buy Pinnacle?
2. Did you predict Delta would buy a 50 % stake in virgin atlantic?
3. Did you predict Delta would buy an oil refinery?

Im not saying it will happen or that I even want it to happen but what I am saying is that I am very impressed with the moves delta has made vs the other legacies and nothing is impossible going forward.

I agree but... DL is very brand conscious and selective. I think they will have issues with some of PCL's pilots. 90% Great guys there. Don't see a "merging/staple"

I agree with that statement and they wouldn't want all of us. Issues can be corrected though and if they are not then they should be let go. Ask your self this though,in 5-10 years what will the quality level of a new candidate at mainline be? Will that Person be coming from college with zero time?

I agree. Big question...if DL comes in and straightens out PCL will PCL pilots get on board with the idea? A lot of disgruntled individuals.

Latest resources

Back