• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New NEt JEts pay rates !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I posted that info on the majors board to show what pilots outside our industry are making. A bbj pilot making 230k at net jets is doing a h#ll of a lot better than any 737 captain at a major airline right now (with the possible exeption of SWA). If you look at the ta I think you will find that even a mid size biz jet captain can be in the neighborhood of 130-140k. In our current environment a raise like that is pretty incredible. I am sure management told them that the rates were way out of line considering the industry average at airlines.

I applaud the backbone of Net JEt pilots and I think airline pilots in general could learn something from them, hence my post.....

Looking at the gross pay, I make just about the same as the bbj capt monthly in my year of service as a 717 capt. However my calculations show if you are not on the BBJ the top pay is 96,000 a year + per diem which is pretty low for an 18 year captain. By the way how many 73BBJ's does exec Jet have?

Last edited:
My throttle's bigger than your throttle!!!!!!! Hey, I am happy to hear that the NJA guys will see a big improvement - they deserve it after such harsh treatment for the last few years.

This idea that one operation is "better" than another is hogwash - we are talking apples to oranges comparisons here. Let's just be happy that some aviation outfit is seeing a boost in rates vs. the alternative.

fletch717 said:
Looking at the gross pay, I make just about the same as the bbj capt monthly in my year of service as a 717 capt. However my calculations show if you are not on the BBJ the top pay is 96,000 a year + per diem which is pretty low for an 18 year captain. By the way how many 73BBJ's does exec Jet have?

You are looking at the old payscale ...

fletch717 said:

Your "calculations"? According to the link, a captain on the lowest paying schedule in the smallest equipment will be paid 110, 250 at year 14...with cost of living adjustments each year after that. A captain in the largest non-BBJ equipment and on the normal schedule will be paid $167,138 at year 10. No calculating to it...it's in black and white. Even if you were talking about take-home pay I think you can give the Netjets guys a little more credit than that.

By the way, I flew with a guy last tour who's been flying straight-wing citations for longer than 18 years. I'll bet he'd agree that $110k is pretty decent pay for that equipment.

Been there done that. NJA has about 5 bbj's and they just sold one. They will be getting NO more in the near future. So lets see, approx 5 airplanes crewed at approx 6 pilots per equals 30 pilots at that payscale. Bully for them. Now for the reality, it's going to be about a 4 to 5 year upgrade and the FO wages suck. Then you upgrade into an Ultra or Beech Jet and you top out at 90 base salary at the 5 year mark with a 2.5% or cola whichever is LESS raise thereafter. Sure thats pretty good pay for those planes but get use to it you will be in that A/C for many years. Whoever posted the info about no movement in the upper ranks hit it right on the head. It's a VERY young pilot group and you do not have to retire till your AME tells you so. Getting into a bigger airplane is going to take a while.

PS cleaning Lavs and loading bags sucks, as well as having to kiss the ass of the owner or even better the Kids of the owner. I loved getting a $20.00 tip from a 15 year old. Oh yeah the average duty day on the busy fleets is about 12 hours.

That said, the new contract is quite better than their old one, and they fought hard for it.

Phew thats off my chest. Just had a netjets flashback. Time for another beer.

Last edited:
Having spent 10 years in the corp. world, all I can say is congrats. It is long overdue pay. It is good to see positive news.....somewhere.

Good for the Netjets guys.

Now when our management bring up "industry standard" we can say "well look at Net Jets. They fly 10 seat airplanes for 120k+ per year"

If that comes out to $12000 per seat then my pay on a 134 seat 737 should be 1.6 million a year...not including perdiem. (Yes, I know that isn't going to happen)

This certainly helps raise the bar for the industry.

Thanks Net Jets.

just for the record, we are now down to 3 bbj's at njla - #5 sold a year ago, #4 sold yesterday. currently shopping for 2 30-50 seaters - but hard to find any used 7-800's.
5yr bbj capt is $167k - tha's 5 in type (about where all our guys are) not w/company.

Latest resources

Back