New NEt JEts pay rates !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
beytzim said:
Overrall, the NJA contract is pretty good.

1. Home basing beats any 121 commuting hands down.
Ummm... No.

Home basing is GONE for new hires in the new TA.

This is, at BEST, a cost NEUTRAL contract for every new-hire that comes on property. Seeing as how the company is looking to effectively double its size in the next 5 years, that means 50% of the employees will cost the same thing to the company in five years as the current employees do NOW.

The other 50% (those currently on property) make out pretty good, except that bypass F/O pay is gone, too. When the next upgrade reaches the seniority of CURRENT F/O's on bypass, they either have to upgrade, or go back to the new F/O pay.

I have to admit, the pay rates are stellar but, IMHO, you guys gave up too much to make it happen.

The reason I paid so much attention is that I've been thinking of bailing from Pinnacle for a while but keep "holding out" for that jetBlue, AirTran, or Southwest position. This ensures that extremely well-qualified people who don't already live in a "gateway city" will stay away.

Likewise, you see several current NJA pilots here for the same reason - they're looking to bail... Tossing bags and catering to bitchy pax gets to suck 7 days straight, 14 hours a day. At least they're not those one-time charter pax who think they now own the aircraft AND you.

If you guys could have kept everything else in your current contract AND gotten those pay rates, I'd be sorely tempted.

Upgrade into the BBJ? Yeah, never.

NJA over AirTran? Nope, not in a million years unless you were already a BBJ Captain. The total compensation and QOL at AirTran far exceeds NJA, especially since the money comes sooner at AirTran and we all know about the power of money invested NOW rather than later...

Last edited:
Ditto... The NJA guys sold out all of the future new hires. Home basing went bye-bye, by-pass pay went bye-bye, and upgrades from here on out are going to be forever. A good step, but not nearly the home run they'd like to make it out to be. The BBJ's will probably be going away as well eventually.

The new hires will have to live in PBI, LAX, CMH, & TEB among a couple of others.

Latest resources

Back