• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Mins for Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sweet. They first make almost every furloughed pilot go back to the Saab and fly more 7 & 8 leg days. Now the guys getting the CRJ900 will have these mins?

So, which will be the first regional to have the balls to increase pay, in order to attract new pilots? Hmmm.... Maybe that's just wishfull thinking?

Personally I think all the regionals are currently engaged in a giant game of chicken with each other to see who can lower their mins the most before they decide they need to raise pay.

Nope. New mins just recently posted for ALL new hires on mesaba.com.
Sad but true.

Seven, were you not the one who was always criticizing 9E for hiring low time? I told you 10 Months ago that you would be doing the same thing! You disagreed if I remember correctly.

100 hours instrument with only 600 total... That is a heck of a steep ratio considering, at a minimum, better than 1/3 of that total time is spent doing training VFR. Maybe they meant flown under IFR for 100 hours. Otherwise I don't see how anyone has that much actual at 600.

Seven, were you not the one who was always criticizing 9E for hiring low time? I told you 10 Months ago that you would be doing the same thing! You disagreed if I remember correctly.

You are right. I had higher hopes for Mesaba. They always had seemed to have higher standards for hiring. Not anymore. They have hit the bottom.

When you can't bring them in you have to go lower. This is just the beginning, eventually the guy siting next to you will have no real flight experience at all. The company will task you with the responsibility of making sure these guys receive proper training. If you think this job is bad right now, just wait till they bring the adopt a pilot program to the FO's.

So if folks with ....um..."trouble" with English pronounce Flagship as "flaa sheep" what will Mesaba sound like??

listen up, and hear this. I am in no way saying its a good thing that the mins are being lowered. I cannt agree with it, but thenext time you get on a NWA wide body............he might be one of those they hired with less time than that XJ is asking for! yes, NWA would give a contract of hire to a guy that had just promised to get his Multi-commercial! Some guys were hired with like 300 hours! Its ben done before, and by our most sought after majors..................oh yes, Continetal just gave a 300 hour woman a hiring scholarship.............so there you go!

Latest resources

Back