*New Jetblue Pay Rates*

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Laugh of the day!

I guess you haven't seen the payscales at United. Your statement would be true if you replaced the word "raised" with lowered.

JetBlue gets a hefty pay raise and you want to talk about the mighty legacy airlines and ALPA. Maybe you should just thank them for helping your next attempt at raising your own bar.

I take it you did not see the new DAL contract? This is the new standard and others WILL follow.

I have seen it and am impressed. I'm optimistic the worst is behind us as well.

United's pay rates were established during BK...in case you have forgotton. Trust me...they will go up. So don't bash United and their pay rates...If the new contract does not provide industry leading rates or rates remain the same as what they have been....then bash United all you want.

One thing I do not understand is why there is not something in United's contract...or any airline that went through the BK game....that when they exit BK they should go into a non-BK contract.....PERIOD....instead of staying in the BK contract with BS pay rates.

Last edited:
United's pay rates were established during BK...in case you have forgotton. Trust me...they will go up. So don't bash United and their pay rates...If the new contract does not provide industry leading rates or rates remain the same as what they have been....then bash United all you want.

One thing I do not understand is why there is not something in United's contract...or any airline that went through the BK game....that when they exit BK they should go into a non-BK contract.....PERIOD....instead of staying in the BK contract with BS pay rates.

This is ALPA's failure and only ALPA's failure. There should have been snap-back clauses and snap-back raises put back into the contracts.

This is ALPA's failure and only ALPA's failure. There should have been snap-back clauses and snap-back raises put back into the contracts.

Hard to get that stuff into a contract when the BK judge is breathing down your neck wanting you to sign draconian concessions, and willing to impose them on you (with an injunction barring you from striking) if you don't.

Yes, there "should have been" many, many things negotiated when we had that 1113c cocked and loaded gun pointed at our head. I'm sure Wedoff would have approved that with a great big smile on his face along with a, "is there anything else I can do for you guys? Maybe a pay raise?" Yup, you're right. ALPA's fault. Everyone knows that the entire bankruptcy process shamelessly favors labor unions!

Hard to get that stuff into a contract when the BK judge is breathing down your neck wanting you to sign draconian concessions, and willing to impose them on you (with an injunction barring you from striking) if you don't.

he-he. You beat me by three minutes!

he-he. You beat me by three minutes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCL_128

That's our biggest flaw. We are afraid of striking "illegally". A judge shouldn't have the power to stop a strike. The truth is he doesn't. We just believe he does. They New York Transit workers went on strike and no one was going to stop them. The ALPA officers are pussies who are only out for themselves. The are the most embarrassing, disgraceful leaders in history of any organization.

Back to the original Post..

Are those the ACTUAL pay rates as of today or are they still the PROPOSED pay rates?
And as a few have mentioned.. what are the work rules that go with the new pay rates.

Everybody always gets in an uproar over payrates, but payrates are only part of the big picture.
Work rules, retirements and extra pay (uniforms, medicals, etc..)

Thanks
motch

Latest resources

Back