• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New First Officer posting for Hawaiian

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone know how many people applied for the 30-40 open spots?

did they take the listing down from their web site already?
how long was it up, a week??
geezzzzz!:bawling:

Yes, the listing is down. They had well over 1000 applications during the time it was up, called 300 for interviews, and will put about 100 in the pool. This first round of vacancies will bring maybe 25 or 30 into HA for training, with the rest swimming until later next year for additional hiring.

HAL

Yes, the listing is down. They had well over 1000 applications during the time it was up, called 300 for interviews, and will put about 100 in the pool. This first round of vacancies will bring maybe 25 or 30 into HA for training, with the rest swimming until later next year for additional hiring.

HAL

So if I haven't gotten a call to interview yet, should I not expect one in the near future?

Since I am getting a bucket full of PM's with essentially the same questions, here's what I (don't) know: This week they started interviewing the people who filled out their online apps from this window. I don't know how many they've called yet out of the 300 or so (hearsay) they plan on interviewing. I don't know if they've called all 300 yet. Originally they planned on doing all 300 interviews, then calling back the 'winners' for the psych eval & physical. But I heard today that some of Monday's interviewees were called that evening to do the psych & physical today. So the short answer is - things change by the minute, and since I don't work for the HR department, I really don't know at all what is going on with the process, or how far along it is. If you haven't been called yet, you might, or you might not, and that's about as precise as I can be. Sorry folks, but they're keeping this one pretty hushed up.

HAL

Hal, thanks for the update; a few of us who interviewed last year then again last week are just wondering when we're going to get that next call. Hopefully we won't have to wait as long this time around.

I heard there's a small class (don't know how many pilots) scheduled sometime next month.

Latest resources

Back