New First Officer posting for Hawaiian

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who let you in here?? :beer:
Every now and then the moderators screw up and let a low-life useless airways former Cactus pilot slip by.

How is the Island flying these days?

Mahalo

I don't know about interviews this week, but I know calls have been going out today for interviews for next week. No classes that I know of in July (except for the group of 9 already hired), but I wouldn't doubt it if they start classes in August or Sept.

flyf15, it's either 1500TT, or if you don't have that, 1000 turbine PIC as minimums. That's for military types that may not have flown much, but still have turbine time under their belts.

California, yes, HA has furloughed many times (me included, 2003 - '06). Years ago, before transpacific flying started, it was normal ops to fly for the spring-fall, and be furloughed for the winter. It might take several years before you had enough seniority to fly year-round. The furloughs I know about were a big one around '92 that didn't get everyone recalled until '98, and this last one that started in early '03, and didn't get everyone back until spring '08. Of course there are some people who happened to get hired at the right time and have never been furloughed, but it's just a matter of luck really. Hopefully they'll have some steady growth in the future and not have to furlough again, but looking at this industry's track record, I kind of doubt it.

HAL

Does anyone have the interview gouge? It used to be posted on aviationinterviews.com
I'm specifically looking for the company that does the Simulator prep in HNL

Thx in advance, Migration

Latest resources

Back