New First Officer posting for Hawaiian

jmt

Jammin monkey Tee
Total Time
8 yrs
I see they just posted new First Officer position on Hawaiian website today. Hopefully a new vacancy bid will come out soon.

metrodriver808

konnichiwa bitches
Total Time
some

• Commercial Pilot Certificate desired
  • Instrument Rating desired
  • 1500 hours flight time desired or 1000 hours turbine as P.I.C. as defined by F.A.R. Part 1
  • Two years of college desired, college graduate preferred
  • Must have 1st class FAA Medical Certificate without limitations
  • Must be able to pass a U.S. Government Security Clearance
  • ATP written
  • FE written required within the last 24 months
  • Must have Radiotelephone Operator Permit
  • Must have a valid U.S. Passport
  • Must have a high school diploma or its equivalent
  • Airline Transport Rating and Multi-engine Rating preferred
  • 300 hours Multi-engine experience in large airline type equipment preferred
  • DOT regulations, 14 CFR part 121 identify this position as performing safety-sensitive functions. You will be required to undergo DOT pre-employment drug testing to determine the presence of Marijuana, Cocaine, Opiates, PCP (Phencyclidine) and Amphetamine prior to any offer of employment or transfer into this position.
  • HAZMAT MATERIAL TRAINING PREREQUISITE- Per 14 CFR 121.1005(b) requires each crewmember and person performing or directly supervising any job functions involving any item for transport on board an aircraft to receive HAZMAT Training respective to their job function prior to reporting to that department.

FE written?????

Skippy

Total Time
N/a
nothing like 25,000 guys trying to vie for maybe 100 spots-- and then realizing they have to have a current FEX---- i think it's a conspiracy from gleim and the testing companies-- hey require this test and people will have to take it and buy the books etc --we'll give you a cut........

Do they even have a plane that requires fex's? just another hoop my minions

SKIPPY

b82rez

Total Time
_

• Commercial Pilot Certificate desired
  • Instrument Rating desired
  • 1500 hours flight time desired or 1000 hours turbine as P.I.C. as defined by F.A.R. Part 1
  • Two years of college desired, college graduate preferred
  • Must have 1st class FAA Medical Certificate without limitations
  • Must be able to pass a U.S. Government Security Clearance
  • ATP written
  • FE written required within the last 24 months
  • Must have Radiotelephone Operator Permit
  • Must have a valid U.S. Passport
  • Must have a high school diploma or its equivalent
  • Airline Transport Rating and Multi-engine Rating preferred
  • 300 hours Multi-engine experience in large airline type equipment preferred
  • DOT regulations, 14 CFR part 121 identify this position as performing safety-sensitive functions. You will be required to undergo DOT pre-employment drug testing to determine the presence of Marijuana, Cocaine, Opiates, PCP (Phencyclidine) and Amphetamine prior to any offer of employment or transfer into this position.
  • HAZMAT MATERIAL TRAINING PREREQUISITE- Per 14 CFR 121.1005(b) requires each crewmember and person performing or directly supervising any job functions involving any item for transport on board an aircraft to receive HAZMAT Training respective to their job function prior to reporting to that department.

Commercial Pilot Certificate desired??
Instrument Rating desired??

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
Total Time
3,000+
Commercial Pilot Certificate desired??
Instrument Rating desired??
That's code for Females with big boobies desired.

sat74

Total Time
enough
These mins look like they were drafted in 1969! Seriously! FEX for 767/717/330? Fools!

landlover

Total Time
5000+
when you apply, you are also asked if you have 1500 or more pic turbo jet, pic turbo prop or a combination of the two. so i guess that is also a min they are looking for.

HAL

Total Time
10000+
I think they just copied the requirements from 10 years ago when we had DC-10's. Just goes to show what happens when HR runs the hiring instead of the flight division.

HAL

808pilot

user being used
Total Time
+1
hey HAL....thats what i was thinking.....seems pretty strange to have that requirement.....last year on the job posting that wasn't there....i have heard though that it has quite a few guys freaking out about trying to get the written done....
have any calls gone out yet?

jmt

Jammin monkey Tee
Total Time
8 yrs
I think they they still trying to process those who interviewed last year.

808pilot

user being used
Total Time
+1
i heard that as well....they were going to go through those that interviewed last year first....drain that 'pool' of people and than crank up again....anyone from last year get called yet?

jmt

Jammin monkey Tee
Total Time
8 yrs
I know somebody who was in the last group that interviewed last year. HR told him that a few pilots were asked to come in for their last screening a couple weeks ago. Those pilots interviewed last year.

bruddahgoose

Total Time
I found out that some calls went out today to people who interviewed last year to come in next week. I wonder if they'llhave to reinterview and go through the whole process again.

Varig

Total Time
What was the interview process like last year?

relief tube

Total Time
Some place in the states is actually hiring!!!!

This industry doesn't completely suck now!!!

You have to move to Hawaii though, unless you want to sign up for the country's ********************tiest commute.

HAL

Total Time
10000+
You have to move to Hawaii though, unless you want to sign up for the country's ********************tiest commute.
Actually if you live on the west coast, the commute isn't that bad (speaking from experience here). One 5-hour leg to get to your base is better than a 2-leg mess trying to get to your commuter base in the midwest. And doing it on your own airline gives you priority on non-reving or the jumpseat too. Yes, commuting from anywhere is a hassle, but HNL really isn't more difficult than any other base.

Since there are HNL nonstops from just about every major hub in the US, it can be done. Heck, we even have guys commuting from DEN, ATL, and DCA these days.

HAL

Orionpilot

Total Time
8000+
Actually if you live on the west coast, the commute isn't that bad (speaking from experience here). One 5-hour leg to get to your base is better than a 2-leg mess trying to get to your commuter base in the midwest. And doing it on your own airline gives you priority on non-reving or the jumpseat too. Yes, commuting from anywhere is a hassle, but HNL really isn't more difficult than any other base.

Since there are HNL nonstops from just about every major hub in the US, it can be done. Heck, we even have guys commuting from DEN, ATL, and DCA these days.

HAL
Aren't you based in SEA now, and commuting all of 20 minutes round trip? Must be nice!

Orionpilot

HAL

Total Time
10000+
Yes, it was an HR mistake on the original posting regarding the FE written and some other 'desired' vs. 'required' items. It's been corrected and is now up on the website. The actual requirements are:

-Commercial Pilots Certificate required
-Instrument rating required
-1500 flight time desired, or 1000 hour turbine as P.I.C.
-Two years college desired, College graduate preferred
-Must have 1st Class FAA Medical Certificate
-Must be able to pass a U.S. Government Security clearance
-ATP written preferred
-Must have Radiotelephone Operators Permit
-Must have valid US Passport
-Must have High School diploma or equivilent
-Airline Transport rating and Multi-engine rating preferred
-300 hour Multi-engine experience in large airline-type equipment preferred
-DOT regulations, 14 CFR part 121 identify this position as performing safety-sensitive functions. You will be required to undergo DOT pre-employment drug testing to determine the presence of Marajuana, Cocaine, Opiates, PCP (Phenylcyclidine) and Amphetamine prior to any offer of employment or transfer into this position.

Good luck to all!

HAL

Last edited:

California

Total Time
Have they ever furloughed? Are they going to be at any job fairs coming up?

Thanks