• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New First Officer posting for Hawaiian

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i heard that as well....they were going to go through those that interviewed last year first....drain that 'pool' of people and than crank up again....anyone from last year get called yet?

I know somebody who was in the last group that interviewed last year. HR told him that a few pilots were asked to come in for their last screening a couple weeks ago. Those pilots interviewed last year.

I found out that some calls went out today to people who interviewed last year to come in next week. I wonder if they'llhave to reinterview and go through the whole process again.

Some place in the states is actually hiring!!!!

This industry doesn't completely suck now!!!

You have to move to Hawaii though, unless you want to sign up for the country's ********************tiest commute.

You have to move to Hawaii though, unless you want to sign up for the country's ********************tiest commute.
Actually if you live on the west coast, the commute isn't that bad (speaking from experience here). One 5-hour leg to get to your base is better than a 2-leg mess trying to get to your commuter base in the midwest. And doing it on your own airline gives you priority on non-reving or the jumpseat too. Yes, commuting from anywhere is a hassle, but HNL really isn't more difficult than any other base.

Since there are HNL nonstops from just about every major hub in the US, it can be done. Heck, we even have guys commuting from DEN, ATL, and DCA these days.

HAL

Actually if you live on the west coast, the commute isn't that bad (speaking from experience here). One 5-hour leg to get to your base is better than a 2-leg mess trying to get to your commuter base in the midwest. And doing it on your own airline gives you priority on non-reving or the jumpseat too. Yes, commuting from anywhere is a hassle, but HNL really isn't more difficult than any other base.

Since there are HNL nonstops from just about every major hub in the US, it can be done. Heck, we even have guys commuting from DEN, ATL, and DCA these days.

HAL

Aren't you based in SEA now, and commuting all of 20 minutes round trip? Must be nice!

Orionpilot

Yes, it was an HR mistake on the original posting regarding the FE written and some other 'desired' vs. 'required' items. It's been corrected and is now up on the website. The actual requirements are:

-Commercial Pilots Certificate required
-Instrument rating required
-1500 flight time desired, or 1000 hour turbine as P.I.C.
-Two years college desired, College graduate preferred
-Must have 1st Class FAA Medical Certificate
-Must be able to pass a U.S. Government Security clearance
-ATP written preferred
-Must have Radiotelephone Operators Permit
-Must have valid US Passport
-Must have High School diploma or equivilent
-Airline Transport rating and Multi-engine rating preferred
-300 hour Multi-engine experience in large airline-type equipment preferred
-DOT regulations, 14 CFR part 121 identify this position as performing safety-sensitive functions. You will be required to undergo DOT pre-employment drug testing to determine the presence of Marajuana, Cocaine, Opiates, PCP (Phenylcyclidine) and Amphetamine prior to any offer of employment or transfer into this position.

Good luck to all!

HAL

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back