• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Emirates order....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First off, Tehran is a out and back, so no need to Skype.... GL please stop flame bating everyone. They bite on this type of stuff.

I do too after 17 pages of BS.

We stay because our wives are happy... I am trying to get out (I never intended to stay but the age 65 legislation in 2008 drove me to leave the RJ world in search of a better career), but my wife says she is happy to stay in Dubai. Not because she has a maid or BF here... but because I am HOME more than I have ever been in our lives together (She likes having me at home!!!). Our family life is phenomenal here. I am in my own bed at least 18 nights a month and there is loads of family stuff to do with our 3 kids here, but before you accuse me of drinking Kool-aide... I WANT to go back home. I never came out here with a career in mind, I came here with a five year plan just like many of my compatriots did. That plan included returning when guys started to retire again.

I am proud of the time, experience, and money I earned while I was flying to the likes of LOS, BGW, NRT, LHR, DMD, and SYD. These are not burdens in my logbook, rather, marks of the experience I received while flying as a Capt. in the 777. I EARNED left seat here at 32 and am quite happy to go back to the right seat of a DC9 on RSV and contribute my experience to your operation... but before you quote me like TP... know that if most of the guys I'll be working with at DAL (who I've wanted to work for since I was a child) are like you... I'll pass.. Grow up.

Delta is hiring but dont bother

we have no jobs available for EK pilots

The recruiters are watching

FT3

Well I hope for the interests of the previous poster who wants to go back - that's not true.

It would be ironic and sad considering Emirates put food on the table of so many furloughed major pilots over the years.

So the management who threw their pilots to the wolves will penalize employees of an airline who allowed DAL/NWA guys to pay their mortgages by giving them a job...while their company could not?

That's the spirit.

fv

Last edited:
First off, Tehran is a out and back, so no need to Skype.... GL please stop flame bating everyone. They bite on this type of stuff.

I do too after 17 pages of BS.

We stay because our wives are happy... I am trying to get out (I never intended to stay but the age 65 legislation in 2008 drove me to leave the RJ world in search of a better career), but my wife says she is happy to stay in Dubai. Not because she has a maid or BF here... but because I am HOME more than I have ever been in our lives together (She likes having me at home!!!). Our family life is phenomenal here. I am in my own bed at least 18 nights a month and there is loads of family stuff to do with our 3 kids here, but before you accuse me of drinking Kool-aide... I WANT to go back home. I never came out here with a career in mind, I came here with a five year plan just like many of my compatriots did. That plan included returning when guys started to retire again.

I am proud of the time, experience, and money I earned while I was flying to the likes of LOS, BGW, NRT, LHR, DMD, and SYD. These are not burdens in my logbook, rather, marks of the experience I received while flying as a Capt. in the 777. I EARNED left seat here at 32 and am quite happy to go back to the right seat of a DC9 on RSV and contribute my experience to your operation... but before you quote me like TP... know that if most of the guys I'll be working with at DAL (who I've wanted to work for since I was a child) are like you... I'll pass.. Grow up.

If you consider flame baiting the truth, then I'm sorry. Whether or not you layover in Tehran isn't a big deal, it's that you have to go there, and these days that's not preferable. Neither is half of the crappy places around there, none of which really like Americans or the Govt.

You were a 777 at 32, huh? Impressive, but many questions arise reading that. There is a normal sequence of events that happen in the US to attain a position like that, which we all understand doesn't occur in other places around the World. That can be good and bad, like the recent crash in SFO. Attaining a position isn't always because you deserve it. Hopefully you did.

And, many back here in the States are like me, fun, entertaining, and likes to ask questions. I hear that is frowned upon over where you are. If so, and you agree, stay there.

Bye Bye---General Lee

And, many back here in the States are like me, fun, entertaining, and likes to ask questions. I hear that is frowned upon over where you are. If so, and you agree, stay there.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I've read many adjectives to describe you General Sherman, but fun and entertaining were not among them.

Bye Bye---General Lee

^ hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I've read many adjectives to describe you General Sherman, but fun and entertaining were not among them.

You must have lost continuous debates with me. If so, then I understand. Most of the EK guys probably feel the same way. It's tough to debate the truth. I actually find it entertaining.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow-sounds like some pretty pissed off crew members in the ME.
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/515487-roster-disaster.html

"Profit share, salary steps and bidding system are only here for recruitment advertisement.

Once in, you will all discover that such things have no effect in EK reality."
And another:
"How about over 50 hrs in 2 weeks, leave for two weeks, no days Off before or after. Not top bid but not bottom either. Have leave and pay the price for it as clearly the leave credit is severely deficient.
Gents and ladies, Hello Tomorrow signifies just that, a paradigm shift towards increased rape and pillaging."

Also, who can afford to live there. Seriously, not making this up:
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/526794-who-can-afford-living-dubai.html

Yikes-no thanks.

Last edited:
If you consider flame baiting the truth, then I'm sorry. Whether or not you layover in Tehran isn't a big deal, it's that you have to go there, and these days that's not preferable. Neither is half of the crappy places around there, none of which really like Americans or the Govt.

You were a 777 at 32, huh? Impressive, but many questions arise reading that. There is a normal sequence of events that happen in the US to attain a position like that, which we all understand doesn't occur in other places around the World. That can be good and bad, like the recent crash in SFO. Attaining a position isn't always because you deserve it. Hopefully you did.

Bye Bye---General Lee

As I said in my previous post, I earned my seat. It is no secret that upgrades here do not work entirely on seniority. There is a vetting process and a rigorous set of hoops to jump through. We all have thousands and thousands of hours on heavy equipment when we get the call for command. Please do not imply that I'm unfit for my seat. The retired British Airways 744 skipper who did my final check didn't think so.

As for flight deck behavior... GL, you are welcome to conduct yourself as you please in my flight deck. No issues on my end. In fact, I'll let you throw gear for me anytime. :cool:

Wow-sounds like some pretty pissed off crew members in the ME.
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/515487-roster-disaster.html

"Profit share, salary steps and bidding system are only here for recruitment advertisement.

Once in, you will all discover that such things have no effect in EK reality."
And another:
"How about over 50 hrs in 2 weeks, leave for two weeks, no days Off before or after. Not top bid but not bottom either. Have leave and pay the price for it as clearly the leave credit is severely deficient.
Gents and ladies, Hello Tomorrow signifies just that, a paradigm shift towards increased rape and pillaging."

Also, who can afford to live there. Seriously, not making this up:
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/526794-who-can-afford-living-dubai.html

Yikes-no thanks.

PPRUNE is full of General Lee types who don't even work for Emirates....I see a much different picture than posted above

To paraphrase one of my favorite movies, "The more you post, the less intelligent you are." (I'll buy the beer for the first person who can name that flick)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back