• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta TA 06/2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmmm. profit sharing, let's review the numbers. The first 2.5B is 10% for all employees= $250M, that's unchanged.

The only change is between $2.5B and $6B in PTIX. IOW $3.5B ($6B trigger) pays employees 10%= $350M, which is half of what it would be absent this agreement. Pilots comprise about 1/3rd of the pay roll, so $350M/3= $117m in lost profit sharing for the pilots.
Anything above $6B remains the same.

OTOH, the new contract adds about $1.1-$1.4 billion in solid gains above all the concessions on the books, including profit sharing. Last time I looked there were more zeros in a billion, than a million. But let's look at the cost of delaying ratification over time.

What is the impact of delay on monthly pilot salary?

Initial estimated impact is:

Approximately $500k per day (first 6 months)

Approximately $23.6M per month (first 18 months)

Longer term

$1.3 Billion by end of 2018

But not to worry, airlines don't typically spend 2-3 years in mediation, right?:rolleyes:

Just ask a pilot at SWA, FDX, UPS, UAL, or AA

FDJ2

This TA is terrifyingly BAD... Have you read thru Secction 14???? That is scary bad and there is not a single reason in this world to give up anything. The whole contract is concessionary. Even the pay rates are concessionary since they are being payed for by a reduction in PS.

Sorry, but are you really that dumb??? Are you blinded by pay rates and promises on shiny new planes?? Those planes are coming whether we vote for this POS TA or not. Grow some self respect dude. The company has disrespecfully OVERREACHED here!!! VOTE NO!!!!!!

Hate to say it, but they would have been better off by having Pcl negotiating that thing. He would have said, thanks, but no thanks and walked away.

Eh, probably not. JV and the LCA thing are troubling, but the rest is actually very good for a CBA (excuse me, PWA in DALPA speak) negotiated prior to the amendable date. I might have kept pushing right up until the amendable date to tighten up those areas, but it would be crazy to pass up the rest in favor of protracted traditional negotiations. Anderson wants it wrapped up in a tidy fashion. If he can't get that done, then he'll resort to the old school way of doing things, which means a contract slightly better three years down the road. Remember, the NMB won't be much help to a mega-carrier's pilot group.

Eh, probably not. JV and the LCA thing are troubling, but the rest is actually very good for a CBA (excuse me, PWA in DALPA speak) negotiated prior to the amendable date. I might have kept pushing right up until the amendable date to tighten up those areas, but it would be crazy to pass up the rest in favor of protracted traditional negotiations. Anderson wants it wrapped up in a tidy fashion. If he can't get that done, then he'll resort to the old school way of doing things, which means a contract slightly better three years down the road. Remember, the NMB won't be much help to a mega-carrier's pilot group.

Are you serious???? Pass up on what exactly?? Please enlighten me on which contract section you think was made better except pay rates(payed by PS)...

I'm glad you found the LCA bidding troubling since it will require hundreds less pilots. Just that alone should make you forget about the rest. Are u a CA or FO? Read section 14!!! If that don't give you reasons to vote no, I don't know what will. Why does ALPA believe that they have the right to give up our rights under the HIPPA Act? Are we supposed to be held to a lower standard in regards to our healthcare info privacy? Why is ALPA giving the company a green light to come after any pilot the company deems is abusing sick leave?

For me this is a no brainer. Huge NO!!

Are you serious???? Pass up on what exactly?? Please enlighten me on which contract section you think was made better except pay rates(payed by PS)...

I'm glad you found the LCA bidding troubling since it will require hundreds less pilots. Just that alone should make you forget about the rest. Are u a CA or FO? Read section 14!!! If that don't give you reasons to vote no, I don't know what will. Why does ALPA believe that they have the right to give up our rights under the HIPPA Act? Are we supposed to be held to a lower standard in regards to our healthcare info privacy? Why is ALPA giving the company a green light to come after any pilot the company deems is abusing sick leave?

For me this is a no brainer. Huge NO!!

Relax. I'm not a Delta pilot. He mentioned me and I responded because I'm a former ALPA officer who has negotiated CBAs before. But I won't be voting on your contract, so don't get bent out of shape.

But yes, I do believe the total compensation package negotiated is excellent, especially in light of the unfavorable environment the mega-carriers are now in with the NMB.

From what I have read, this TA can be improved big time in several areas. Again, big profits coming down the line - why give up that profit percentage? You will never get it back... And why the rush to get the vote done quicker? This does not pass the smell test... I would vote NO.

Last edited:
The medical deal, how can that be legal? Hasn't privacy of a person's medical records been held in court cases, hell it's the law isn't it? A Dr's note ok, I see that but not access to medical records.

The medical deal, how can that be legal? Hasn't privacy of a person's medical records been held in court cases, hell it's the law isn't it? A Dr's note ok, I see that but not access to medical records.

Just my point. Anyone who reads Section 14 Sick Leave, will automatically vote NO. The total overreach by the company is ridiculous. Even more pathetic is the fact that our NC thought it was ok to agree to it. The sad thing about yhe HIPPA Act is that it can be signed away by a collective agreement. Don't remember ever been asked by ALPA if I wanted my rights given away. Funny thing is that we have a Union that is supposed to protect us, but instead is giving the company a green light to come after its own. Sad state of affairs

This will be very bad for the profession if it passes. Let us all remind ourselves (and not just Deltoids, 'cause us Corndogs are going to be in the spotlight next):

THIS IS THE BEST NEGOTIATING ENVIRONMENT MOST OF US WILL EVER SEE IN OUR CAREERS!!!!

Our airlines are making so much money right now, they can barely ship it back to the investors fast enough! BILLIONS of dollars!

IF THERE WAS EVER A TIME FOR OBTAINING AN HISTORIC CONTRACT, IT IS RIGHT F-ING NOW!!!!

...and yet this is how little respect management has for us pilots: Single digit annual raises? Real concessions? Are you f*cking $hitting me??? This is not 2001, or 2008!!! They have the money!!! Last time I checked, it was still US who move the metal that generates all that cheddar!!!

THERE IS NO REASON IN THIS ENVIRONMENT TO GRANT A SINGLE DAMN CONCESSION!!!!

(or if you do, it should be worth nickles and dimes, compared to the Benjamins you are gaining)

That is all. Now go forth and vote likewise, Gents.

Last edited:
Too simplistic of a thought process. You're ignoring the role of the NMB in all of this.

Latest resources

Back