"New" Delta DC-9-50 in MSP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Memory items are going away.
Kind of hate that. Without burning up half the oral time with things you knew you needed to know, now they'll have time to ask questions like - What are the messages, displays and indications you see during the first flight of the day test of the GPWS?

Kind of hate that. Without burning up half the oral time with things you knew you needed to know, now they'll have time to ask questions like - What are the messages, displays and indications you see during the first flight of the day test of the GPWS?

Man this question really bothers you FIN!!

Wachu talkin bout Willis? Delta doesn't have orals anymore. Electronic systems validation now. The way that thing works, not having memory items would remove a bunch of questions from the question bank.;)

Heyas Fins,

No limitations, either.The oral for recurrent is all FOM/Performance.

Nu

NWA doesn't have "orals",maybe just the random FOM stuff, unless you mess up the written test.

Not sure if DAL will. See we are a very legal company. A few years ago adopted the Boeing philosophy, and will probably adopt the Airbus one too. See if we do it the manufacturer's way, then if something gets screwed up because of it, it is their fault and not ours! They get sued and not us. So I would venture to guess that we at DAL will always have some "Bold Faced" items that are backed up by a "Hard Card."

I had heard that before but I can't honestly believe that the reason DAL only uses Boeing procedures is due to liability. I find that reasoning absurd. We are in the business of flying airplanes and with this business comes risk. We all know that there is ALWAYS some pilot error in the findings from an NTSB investigation which will then rely all of the blame back onto the company.

For all the good things with our newly combined company, I just can't believe our top management believes this is better than standarization among fleets.

Latest resources

Back