• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"New" Delta DC-9-50 in MSP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You will be standard. It will be along the lines of recommend procedures and techniques from the manufacturers.

I do like the NW philosophy for abnormal/emergency procedures. Keep it simple.

"Fly the Aircraft, SIR."
(Silence the warning,Identify the Problem, Read the checklist)
"Do Not Hurry."

Hope DL keeps some of our procedures and puts together the best of both.

Last edited:
Agreed, FBN.

123: Our procedures are absolutely conformed to the Boeing books for legal reasons. This is the same reason the landing gear response was recently changed to "DOWN" instead of "DOWN, 3 GREEN." Reason? "To conform to the Boeing checklist."

I personally would do things different...but my name isn't on the registration certificate of the airplane.

Well, it is sounding better. Rumor that I keep hearing is that there is no standardization and that you basically can get everything done however you want (i.e. bigger rope to hang myself with). No flows and no standard procedures for flying different profiles, bottom line get the required checklist items however you want and you are good to go.... those are just the rumors that I consistently am hearing.

I will say that NWA has done a good job of making all the fleets as standard as possible. Switching from one a/c type to another, most of the calls are the same.

I am sure this is just one example of where rumor control is needed. thanks for you help

[QUOTE=CFI2766;1731349]Are you starting to get it now? Mainline is the way to go. Shiny Jet Syndrome is dying. Hopefully one day ALL of us will understand that a job with the mainline is the only way to go. (even if you don't fly pretty new airplanes)

Cool. I'd like a job with Delta. Are you guys hiring?

Thanks!
[/quote]

As soon as we park more rj's. Do you have your degree? You're gonna need it (degrees by mail not accepted).[/quote]

Sarcasm aside, is this really what you think? That I'm at a regional because I don't have a degree? Does it make it easier on you to feel this way?

I've a college degree, (NOT in aeronautical science, btw) I'm a military vet, I'm 'paying my dues' and putting up with cr@p in search of the golden 1000 hours PIC so that someday I can be looked down upon by those like yourself slightly less, and, I'm the statistical mean, average, regional airline pilot.

Come on man, lighten up a little.

In the long run, I want to fly an airplane that gives me the best chance of taking care of my family. I think that the best way for that to happen would be for there to be fewer RJs; the RJs that are left should be flown by mainline, with mainline pilots up front. Are we really that different?

Saw a DC-9 with Delta colors in Detroit yesterday.

I just flew 9867(N776NC) from ORD-MSP. Paint job looks good, not enough red on the tail. I wouldn't have known it was our airplane with the new paint except when we entered the fornt door, we were hit with that famous smell, only the DC9 has! Kinda' like sour milk and stale cigarettes. Ahhhh....Still feels like home :)

Long live the -9's!! Lots of awards to DC-9 CA/FO in yesterdays April APA. Empty the sandbox.

[/QUOTE]Sarcasm aside, is this really what you think? That I'm at a regional because I don't have a degree? Does it make it easier on you to feel this way?

I've a college degree, (NOT in aeronautical science, btw) I'm a military vet, I'm 'paying my dues' and putting up with cr@p in search of the golden 1000 hours PIC so that someday I can be looked down upon by those like yourself slightly less, and, I'm the statistical mean, average, regional airline pilot.

Come on man, lighten up a little.

In the long run, I want to fly an airplane that gives me the best chance of taking care of my family. I think that the best way for that to happen would be for there to be fewer RJs; the RJs that are left should be flown by mainline, with mainline pilots up front. Are we really that different?
[/QUOTE]

Ok, you got me. I probably misinterpreted your response to the shiny jet syndrome post as being sarcastic. But, if you read anything about the new DAL on FI (not saying that FI is an accurate source, but you asked about hiring) you'd certainly know we are not hiring. In fact, we will be lucky not to furlough(I don't think we will). That's why I thought you were being sarcastic. I don't think anyone on FI knows if or when hiring will resume, as indicated numerous times in many threads.

I understand you want to advance your career. I also know there are a lot of qualified regional pilots with degrees(you included), but I've also seen the decrease in quality and education level of pilots hired at the regional level in the past 2 years, it's scary. I apologize for lumping you into that category.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back