• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New DAL senority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone know the number of the guy (not name please) that holds the scope trigger position?

Wondering how much the Company can "right size" before they have to start taking seats out of all these shiny new big RJ's.

Isnt that the previous delta furlough plug, TKane?

Isnt that the previous delta furlough plug, TKane?

The scope clause that deals with removing the 6 seats in the event of furlough says that any pilot on the list with an employment date prior to Sept 01, 2001 is furloughed then the seats must be removed. TKane is no longer the trigger. The new trigger is seniority number 11984 at 4% on the list.

The scope clause that deals with removing the 6 seats in the event of furlough says that any pilot on the list with an employment date prior to Sept 01, 2001 is furloughed then the seats must be removed. TKane is no longer the trigger. The new trigger is seniority number 11984 at 4% on the list.

That's awesome (too bad it didn't include all pilots at DL and NW)! Hopefully the union won't negotiate that away.

Not so fast...

Any 787 converted order is going to be NWA property.

Kick a horse while he is down... good job.

It's going to cost you in the long run, mark my words.

I wasn't kicking a horse. I was being sarcastic to aircowboy about his liking the 5 year 787 fence. I'm fully aware that any replacement for the 787 will be flown by NWA pilots for 5 years after SOC. Relax.

So if they furlough prior to SOC an kick all of the 07 nd 08 new hires to the street, they they then need to recall them after SOC for the scope trigger not to take effect, or do those guys stay on the street furloughed out of seniority order?

Also I strongly suspect that the JAN/FEB AE will have displacements all over it. I would bet that the company will make it a 12 month conversion, and start the process of moving jets. Then again, they may just decided to DH everyone all over for a year or two. My bet is on there being some major movement. I am ready for MSP 7ER!

So if they furlough prior to SOC an kick all of the 07 nd 08 new hires to the street, they they then need to recall them after SOC for the scope trigger not to take effect, or do those guys stay on the street furloughed out of seniority order?

That's one for the lawyers...but I think since we are one list with one JCBA that the seats would have to come out if anyone above Sept 01, 2001 were furloughed from either side.

Yes, but as the award states they can furlough from each side prior to SOC. That said, they could furlough all of the new hires on the old lists in seniority order. Once we are SOC+ there is a major issue with that.
My guess is that with the flow down, it would be to costly to do it, but it is possible, just not probable.

Latest resources

Back