New DAL senority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thankful

I choose to remain thankful for my job and the amazing opportunity to fly for the largest airline in the world!

To all of our new Delta (former NWA) pilots: WELCOME. I look forward to flying with you!

Sooo, if you are an ex-NWA and hoped for DOH, you are pissed. If you are like most Delta bubbas and hoped for relative seniority, you probably fell back a point or two, though some, like me at 75% moved up but less than 1%.

So very few of us got what we wanted but it was out of all of our hands. Now let's move on as one big happy family ;-)

I would strongly recommend to Delta pilots to NOT bid the A320 when the time comes. It is hard to fly and the seats are extremely uncomfortable. Flying an Airbus is absolute torture after flying a Boeing. If you are on the 320, you also have to fly the 319 which only has 124 seats. It is the same size as the DC-9-50. You are much better off on the MD-80's and 737's.

Speaking of when the time comes... I have been reading the award and it said when the fence starts but I can't find when the award its self becomes effective.Most likely I'm looking right at it. If DAL guy can hold SEA 330 in April how does he bit it??

The award is effective immediately. We are still run as separate airlines, and you cannot cross-bid certificates. That in itself is an artificial fence. The US Airways' East pilots took full advantage of that. Once we merge onto a single operating certificate, you will be able to bid wherever you want assuming there are openings, you are not seat locked, and the airplane is not fenced (777, 787, 747).

Was just giving you a hard time. I have no idea how many we have right this moment,
That's because you've had no idea about anything to date.

but I seem to recall 62 being the "final" number until the next plan comes around. Not sure where the 92 number comes from. Total operating plus total in storage is higher than that, so beats me.
I'll bet that a lot of people are beating you, and often!

The award is effective immediately. We are still run as separate airlines, and you cannot cross-bid certificates. That in itself is an artificial fence. The US Airways' East pilots took full advantage of that. Once we merge onto a single operating certificate, you will be able to bid wherever you want assuming there are openings, you are not seat locked, and the airplane is not fenced (777, 787, 747).

OK, but where doe it say that you can't cross bid certificates or where doesn't say this award isn't effective immediately.There is a huge void of time for loading up out of seniority if somebody had control of the flying with an agenda. I know the FAA would frown somebody working for two carriers at the same time they don't care if you move from one to another.

It will not happen. You would have to go through DAL indoc and as we are having no classes, that proves to be a slight problem.
Do not worry, pre-SOC will be a memory here in a few months.

Do you want this by base, or by aircraft?

Guess we should post this on the ALPA board.

Of course, the numbers are short term. Apparently airplanes start moving in the spring / summer. I think a joint bid is going to come out faster than most of us expect.

Happy hunting.

Thoughts about DC-9 and 88 movement? Would make sense to move the 9's to ATL for the shorter turns and move the 88's out a little for some of the longer trips.

If so, what about any new 88 bases, like MEM?

If this is already addressed somewhere I couldn't find it.

Latest resources

Back