• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New DAL senority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, but as the award states they can furlough from each side prior to SOC. That said, they could furlough all of the new hires on the old lists in seniority order. Once we are SOC+ there is a major issue with that.
My guess is that with the flow down, it would be to costly to do it, but it is possible, just not probable.

agreed

Also I strongly suspect that the JAN/FEB AE will have displacements all over it. I would bet that the company will make it a 12 month conversion, and start the process of moving jets. Then again, they may just decided to DH everyone all over for a year or two. My bet is on there being some major movement. I am ready for MSP 7ER!
well we have been told on the 400- not to expect any base changes and the flying will be done by backfill. IE dtw nrt atl and then back and Dh....

Another related question. There are tons of NWA pilots with no category. Are these furlough bypass pilots? If so, what can they bid?

Last edited:
I believe they are furloughed. about 200 total that where given extended recall rights. When DAL hires again they will be given the chance to comeback then if they choose

Another related question. There are tons of NWA pilots with no category. Are these furlough bypass pilots? If so, what can they bid?

I feel you. I think the arbitrators didnt factor in all the movement Delta has planned in "right sizing" equipment with different bases, bumping guys that hold the unfenced airplanes into a game of musical chairs and when the music stops it could mean a Delta international 767ER pilot ending up in the right seat of a DC9 in detroit. On top of this the guy who has been on furlough bypass at Northwest, who now has got his longevity restored from the JC goes from where he was on the right seat of the DC9 in Detroit at $68/hr to $102/hr flying international on the ER out of Atlanta.

I hate to say this and I am pro union and even ALPA because that is the best we have to offer but I dont think there was much time spent on this particular scenario (I could be wrong). Rest assured the guys making the arguements got the heavies fenced and that is what they are flying.

Last edited:
Obviously there is a risk of Delta pilots being displaced into 40% pay cuts and bases that they sure did not consider when they applied.

Is there any chance of a voluntary leave / furlough for Delta pilots?

I mean, if the NWA pilots don't want to fly that crap, I sure don't want to. SkyWest & Mesaba have 2 year Captains on the 900. Pays better, no commute. I'm only half joking.

Last edited:
I'd bid the left seat of the thing if it's still around for fun, then bid back out at the first opportunity.

I am sure you will hold it in ATL!

FO maybe. There are some guys waiting to bid back to the left seat of the -9 when they get the chance, and more than a couple who missed out when the music stopped back in April.

As you guys pointed out, we have lots of commuters, and they'll chase the airplanes.

Nu

Latest resources

Back