• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New DAL senority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with JetJockey. As another junior ER pilot I fear losing my seat in a shifting of flying. I can see myself on a narrow body out of DTW this time next year..... .

I used to think the same. I used to complain about flying the "RJ" across the pond because of the cramped flight deck and the stretch to the comm panel for the IRO.

Not any more.

Now I just want to keep my job.

Flying a DC9 out of DTW would sound pretty nice if I were on furlough.

I used to think the same. I used to complain about flying the "RJ" across the pond because of the cramped flight deck and the stretch to the comm panel for the IRO.

Not any more.

Now I just want to keep my job.

Flying a DC9 out of DTW would sound pretty nice if I were on furlough.

No kidding... Also, don't the airlines tend to pay hotels and positive space displaced guys for some time. Unless you LIVE immediately in your present base that would be great.

Are you kidding? I guess you must not fly international. If you did, you would realize that at your percentage you could hold a line and have a good life, before. Now, you are going to be stagnant for the next five years with a bunch on NWA guys wanting to fly little 767s all over Europe and South America. We junior guys got *********************D, by our own union first, 2nd class furlough protection for post 9/11 new hires, and now this. Hopefully NWA won't bid our planes an bases all at once.

If you were integrated and a NWA guy junior to you was hired before Sept 1st, 2001, then you too get "somewhat" furlough protection, since it would make DL get rid of 6 seats in every 76 seat RJ if they furloughed the guy junior to you. If the NWA guy below you was hired after Sept 1st, 2001, then I don't think you qualify. Still, NWA will be retiring 1000 or more in the next 5 years, and then we retire a load after that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Does anyone think there might be a chance of expanding the SEA domicile?

Maybe...SEA used to be huge for NW at one time. They are exploring new markets from SEA, especially to the far-east. That is one reason of the new code-share agreement with Alaskan. Hopefully we can get enough feed to expand further markets from SEA.

Now, there is also a chance of a future merger with Alaska.

Question from the neutral sidelines:

Can a DAL 76ER FO with an early 2008 hire date (pre April 08) be displaced from his seat (to a DC-9 for instance) by a more senior NWA hire in the near future?

fv

Question from the neutral sidelines:

Can a DAL 76ER FO with an early 2008 hire date (pre April 08) be displaced from his seat (to a DC-9 for instance) by a more senior NWA hire in the near future?

fv

no

Superpilot is correct...there is a specific clause in the award stating that cannot happen, as well as vice versa.

That being said..with the aircraft that are going to be moved around, I think the nwa guys are gonna be grabbing at the large number of "light twins" available as they are opening new bases and shrinking others.

Superpilot is correct...there is a specific clause in the award stating that cannot happen, as well as vice versa.

That being said..with the aircraft that are going to be moved around, I think the nwa guys are gonna be grabbing at the large number of "light twins" available as they are opening new bases and shrinking others.

I think you will see people do what they can to stay in their current aircraft or bases. For instance in my case i would like to stay in my aircraft and my base. Now if they move the bus out of my base then i either have to change bases or aircraft. its all going to depend on what mgmts plans are with bases and aircraft. until that happens there is no real way to tell how the cards will fall.

Latest resources

Back