• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NEW CJ FOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, been there, done that and have the shirt. But regardless, why is it a problem for the original poster? Sounds like he has gotten airbone before, without having a clearance.
Even when I was doing 91 work, the captain ALWAYS went over the routing with me, just to make sure it's the same as what we filed, were given by ATC and what we have in the box.

Were you always able to get a hold of clearance on the ground? Was your flight plan always filed by your dispatcher? Nothing like taking off from a field that you can't get your clearance on the ground only to find out in the air that your flight plan wasn't filed.

Were you always able to get a hold of clearance on the ground? Was your flight plan always filed by your dispatcher? Nothing like taking off from a field that you can't get your clearance on the ground only to find out in the air that your flight plan wasn't filed.

NICE. I see that you have mastered "the Colgan"

Suupah...Point 10, 11, 12 show you have a definite lack of CRM skills..maybe your fellow crewmember sees something you missed, or is confused by your actions BECAUSE HE/SHE WAS NOT PROPERLY BRIEFED...take yourself down a notch or two buddy, you're heading for a bruising...

10. don't put your hand on the gust lock and call for the before take off checklist. There might be a reason i haven't called for it yet.

Sometime the FO misses radio calls from ground or tower because he is focused on getting the before take off checklist out of the way. AND we are not even number one to go no less taking the runway which is when you are supposed to run it anyway. Besides you don't want the rudder flapping in wind.

11. Don't tell me to put anti ice on when it is 15 degrees C or when it has already been on for ten minutes.

Every time we get into a cloud this one FO tells me to put the anti ice on. I point out to him everytime that the status panel shows whether the ice protection is on implying that he should verify the ice prot is in fact off before telling me to put it on. He still tells me to put it on whenever we get in a cloud regardless of the switch position, status panel light or the OAT. oh well.

12. I'll ask for flaps when i want them not when you think i should want them. There are reasons for everything

We were about five miles before the FAF on a precision approach and he was insisting that i needed flaps 15 (our profile calls for flaps fifteen at GS alive). That is not a big deal accept for the fact that he was neglecting his duties which were to report inbound, activate pilot controlled lighting, and make a traffic report to the uncontrolled field(all of which we had JUST briefed) we were about to shoot an approach to. I ended up doing his duties and mine.

I know that i could work on my patience. I guess i am just not used to it.

Last edited:
Profiles

Ask for flaps when I want them? How about the gear when I don't want them? We don't have profiles? CRM works on both sides of the cockpit, simple explanation of where the correct point should be will inform and educate.

Last edited:
Ask for flaps when I want them? How the gear when I don't want them? We don't have profiles?

that was kind of the point. He insists that the flaps be put out outside of the profile. While in the middle of the approach he should just wait for me to call for the flaps. unless I am outside the standard profile, exceeding a limitation or doing something unsafe.

I know that i could work on my patience. I guess i am just not used to it.
Leave it between YOU and the FO. FI doesn't need to know about this crap.

We just want to know whether it's true that you DID hook up with the "girl" behind the hotel counter last night...you know, the one with the chin stubble and adams apple?

Leave it between YOU and the FO. FI doesn't need to know about this crap.

We just want to know whether it's true that you DID hook up with the "girl" behind the hotel counter last night...you know, the one with the chin stubble and adams apple?

maybe i did. she had a very hairy chest. weird. oh well

Ask for flaps when I want them? How about the gear when I don't want them? We don't have profiles? CRM works on both sides of the cockpit, simple explanation of where the correct point should be will inform and educate.

of course there was an explanation AFTER we landed. i chose to have us both review the book. the point was in the middle of the approach there isn't time discuss the profile.

He still calls for flaps 5 miles out on his leg. I gave up.

of course there was an explanation AFTER we landed. i chose to have us both review the book. the point was in the middle of the approach there isn't time discuss the profile.

He still calls for flaps 5 miles out on his leg. I gave up.

From listening to your excuses, it sounds like it an issue with ONE FO you have had, not ALL of them.
Like someone else said. Keep it between you two. It's very "FO" like you to run and tell everyone on FI.com about your bad day.

better yet, take your concerns to the training department. But I'm sure you know that they won't give you all the loving care and support, we at FI.com will :)
How long were you there before you upgraded?

Last edited:

Yes
Yes...but only been there a year, so there is still ots of time to mess up.

But that's comparing apples and oranges. I have heard nightmare stories about your SOC, where as ours is fairly decent. Better than the one I used to dispatch in

Latest resources

Back