Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P2J,
Thats friggin hillarious.

10. don't put your hand on the gust lock and call for the before take off checklist. There might be a reason i haven't called for it yet.
11. Don't tell me to put anti ice on when it is 15 degrees C or when it has already been on for ten minutes
12. I'll ask for flaps when i want them not when you think i should want them. There are reasons for everything
13. Act like you have had a professional job before. This isn't fricken high school with your fancy hand shakes stupid lingo.
14. An for the love of God please spike your hair and get a friggen Ipod and trade in your flight case for a backpack immediately

Last edited:
5. DON'T BASH THINGS YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT (I.E. ALPA)
p2j

I thought "ALPA" was the new slang for s-h-i-t????

All joking aside, you guys having a lot of new hires slamming ALPA? Guys with low time, no expierence in the industry, and they're slamming a Union they know nothing about? I'm being serious here. It must be a big issue for you to specifically point out that as the example for #5.

But when they get a "clue" about ALPA and still disagree with them, will it ok to bash them then? Or will the ALPA Ninjas come out and attack them in the middle of the night?

and....please learn how to properly put on your epaulets...

i saw one the other day with em upside down, YES upside down not backwards

How many times did you shoot the SOB? I swear, I see another FO or Capt on the line with his "boards" upside down, I'm blowing his car up!

Seriously. If crap like that pisses you off, you need to A.) get out of the industry B.) lighten up, take FMLA and smoke a great big joint, because you're about to have a stroke C.) become a flight attendant so you can be on their Uniform Nazi Patrol.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen it, or have done it myself. A simple "Hey, your stripes are on upside down" can fix that problem in the crew van or cockpit. But some people would rather drag the guy through the mud to HR, scream and bitch to fellow pilots and make themselves look like the clowns. All because this guy probably had 3 hours of sleep the night before, got dressed in the dark at DTW because the hotel room lights had been shot out and was in a hurry because his alarm and wake up call didn't work.

Last edited:
Suupah...Point 10, 11, 12 show you have a definite lack of CRM skills..maybe your fellow crewmember sees something you missed, or is confused by your actions BECAUSE HE/SHE WAS NOT PROPERLY BRIEFED...take yourself down a notch or two buddy, you're heading for a bruising...

Suupah...Point 10, 11, 12 show you have a definite lack of CRM skills..maybe your fellow crewmember sees something you missed, or is confused by your actions BECAUSE HE/SHE WAS NOT PROPERLY BRIEFED...take yourself down a notch or two buddy, you're heading for a bruising...

There is a difference between asking and pushing.

4. SLOW DOWN AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING -- GET A CLEARANCE BEFORE YOU TAKE OFF... ARGGGG
p2j

Why are you even pushing from the gate without a clearance? Isn't it the PIC's job to make sure everything is complete before starting your little trip? Don't you and your FO go over the routing together, to make sure you're on the same page, and that no one gets violated?

Looks like there should be a point added to your list. #20. Make sure you do your job, and Prop2Jet's, because he isn't compitent enough to do his own.

I'm sure you had a valid point when creating this list, and it might have taken some time and thought. But all you really did was point out your flaws.

I'm sure you had a valid point when creating this list, and it might have taken some time and thought.
He probably brought it up to the FO...got b!tch slapped...and had to come vent on FI. Clearly, this tool-box had everything down pat when he first stepped out of ground school. I am sure he had plenty of pointers to offer to his Captains.

I'm trying not to rag on the new guys. The ones I have been flying with are trying. Some of them are holding on to row 8 with their fingernails, but they are trying. I remember when I was new. I always performed the best when the Captain was encouraging and patient. If I felt pressured, or if he was ragging on me, I started to screw up and it was downhill from there.

Keep up the good work guys, keep your head in the books, and it's a good thing if you are trying to think like a captain, you will be one soon. (just don't forget who is the captain right now).

and keep some weight and balance forms and told cards in the plane!!!!!

Latest resources

Back