NEW CJ FOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Prop2Jet

Ok so Colgan has hired a lot of new very low time pilots. Good for the pilots! I must say though that a lot of you "new guys" act like you have flown the Sr-71. Here are some good points for yah.

1. IF YOUR DAD IS A SW PILOT --WHO CARES
2. KEEP YOUR EGO TO YOURSELF -- YOU WILL KILL PEOPLE IF YOU DON'T.
3. BE HUMBLE-- YOU DON'T WANT TO TICK OFF PEOPLE; WORD TRAVELS VERY VERY FAST ABOUT YOU.
4. SLOW DOWN AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING -- GET A CLEARANCE BEFORE YOU TAKE OFF... ARGGGG
5. DON'T BASH THINGS YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT (I.E. ALPA)
6. STUDY HARD UPGRADE WILL BE FAST... STRIKE THAT YOU ONLY HAVE 250 HRS IT WILL BE AWHILE....
7. BE POSITIVE UNTIL YOU GET SCREWED ENOUGH TIMES.
8. DON'T ANSWER YOUR PHONE ON DAYS OFF OR 15 MINUTES PAST YOUR BLOCK IN TIMES.... (IF YOU DO DON'T SAY WE DID NOT WARN YOU)

Good luck to all and don't leave the airplanes a mess... They already are pretty bad.

p2j

Ok so Colgan has hired a lot of new very low time pilots. Good for the pilots! I must say though that a lot of you "new guys" act like you have flown the Sr-71. Here are some good points for yah.

2. KEEP YOUR EGO TO YOURSELF -- YOU WILL KILL PEOPLE IF YOU DON'T.
3. BE HUMBLE-- YOU DON'T WANT TO TICK OFF PEOPLE; WORD TRAVELS VERY VERY FAST ABOUT YOU.
4. SLOW DOWN AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING -- GET A CLEARANCE BEFORE YOU TAKE OFF... ARGGGG
5. DON'T BASH THINGS YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT (I.E. ALPA)
6. STUDY HARD UPGRADE WILL BE FAST... STRIKE THAT YOU ONLY HAVE 250 HRS IT WILL BE AWHILE....
7. BE POSITIVE UNTIL YOU GET SCREWED ENOUGH TIMES.
8. DON'T ANSWER YOUR PHONE ON DAYS OFF OR 15 MINUTES PAST YOUR BLOCK IN TIMES.... (IF YOU DO DON'T SAY WE DID NOT WARN YOU)

Good luck to all and don't leave the airplanes a mess... They already are pretty bad.

p2j
Prop. I hope you are teaching new hire ground school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p2j

Funny, I recently flew with a Captain who was telling me about his son who has been working at Colgan for a short time now.

P2J,

As a relatively low time new hire, I certainly will take that advice, I'm not a wonderpilot, and will never profess to be.
Thanks for the list, I found it quite entertaining.

leave at least 2 load sheets in the thing will ya.....

and....please learn how to properly put on your epaulets...

i saw one the other day with em upside down, YES upside down not backwards

and....please learn how to properly put on your epaulets...

i saw one the other day with em upside down, YES upside down not backwards

Did he at least spike up his hair properly with frosted tips, slam on his Ipod, and tot a backpack? If so, then all is well...

1) set up the damn airplane for the next guy. It's not hard gentlemen; the plane usually only goes back and forth between two places.

2) don't criticize anyone's landing if you are deadheading.

3) Don't deadhead and them walk up front and tell the captain who is also a check airmen that he forgot to tell the FO to "bring down the right side" because the emergency lights are still armed, and then walk off the plane without saying "thanks"

Note for # 3... That's right SYR 6 month wonder FO, you know who you are.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back