• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NEW CJ FOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What this thread shows best of all is that not only the newly hired FO's are green as grass. This sounds like a BS session at the local flying school.

Why are you even pushing from the gate without a clearance?

We fly from several small, uncontrolled airports at which Center won't give you a clearance until you are on the way to the runway (its fun to listen to the corporate guys get shot down trying to get their clearance more than 5 minutes prior to departure).

At some others, its just easier to get the clearance on the taxi.

We fly from several small, uncontrolled airports at which Center won't give you a clearance until you are on the way to the runway (its fun to listen to the corporate guys get shot down trying to get their clearance more than 5 minutes prior to departure).

Ok, been there, done that and have the shirt. But regardless, why is it a problem for the original poster? Sounds like he has gotten airbone before, without having a clearance.
Even when I was doing 91 work, the captain ALWAYS went over the routing with me, just to make sure it's the same as what we filed, were given by ATC and what we have in the box.

how boud it cjc

Ok, been there, done that and have the shirt. But regardless, why is it a problem for the original poster? Sounds like he has gotten airbone before, without having a clearance.
Even when I was doing 91 work, the captain ALWAYS went over the routing with me, just to make sure it's the same as what we filed, were given by ATC and what we have in the box.

what about when he gets the clearance while you are taxiing and said that you are released. You take off and find out you were NOT released. i believe that is what the OP was referring to.

Latest resources

Back