new cessna!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gkrangers said:
Does Cessna have much motivation to build a new Cardinal, with the 182 and Stationair in the current lineup?

I doubt it, they're selling every Skylane and 206 they can build.

Just as long as it has a 'sport' price tag to it!Geesh, I thought that was the main reason to introduce the sport class?To reduce costs? Yet, a lot of the new 'sport' planes cost as much or more then ones that reqiure the 'private' license..Just doesn't seem to jive..

God forbid the first time I've flown something I wasn't perfect. Tho I don't know why I'm responding to such a tool like you.

You had better be perfect. Especially since you are commenting on your fellow pilot's careers. I don't want to hear any righteous bs out of you anymore. You make me sick. Tool.

Pantherjon said:
Just as long as it has a 'sport' price tag to it!Geesh, I thought that was the main reason to introduce the sport class?To reduce costs? Yet, a lot of the new 'sport' planes cost as much or more then ones that reqiure the 'private' license..Just doesn't seem to jive..
I think flying without a medical was the point.....so the manufacturers can hold those that want to fly but without a medical hostage financially.

gkrangers said:
I think flying without a medical was the point.....so the manufacturers can hold those that want to fly but without a medical hostage financially.

You're right. The EAA has an LSA magazine which I subscribe to. The typical LSA is gonna set you back $85K+. I understand liability, but there's got to be a way to produce a simple airplane for $40K or less.

Gorilla said:
You're right. The EAA has an LSA magazine which I subscribe to. The typical LSA is gonna set you back $85K+. I understand liability, but there's got to be a way to produce a simple airplane for $40K or less.

There's gotta be a way..but then the certification process is long and expensive..then the unit sales needed to recoup that..and when GAMA says that a sales quarter where 432 piston planes were delivered as 'outstanding' guess it makes sense then(figure for 1st quarter 2005)..Guess that makes each plane a 'limited edition' :)

I suppose once some whiz guy figures how to produce and move that many planes in one month then prices might come down to a more reasonable level? Like Henry Ford did with the streamlined assembly line for cars..Could something like that be done for airplanes?

An 80's vintage C185 with a Garmin 430 and steam guages already kills a Cirrus in my book.

In any case, let's pray that the new Cessna will be a taildragger.

-Goose

Hmmm over 2000 sold and all thier production sold for 2006...kill cirrus?? well you have obviously never flown one for anytime...never seen a FG cardinal cruise at 186 knots...anyways it sounds like Cessna is revamping the 152...good luck with that

Goose Egg said:
In any case, let's pray that the new Cessna will be a taildragger.

-Goose

I like your idea, but it'd be a cold day in hell. The lawyers would kill any
taildragger before you finished the sentence.

Cessna needs to look into composite structures.

CE

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back