• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

new cessna!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm wondering if Cessna is seeing all these others (Cirrus, Diamond, etc) getting on the training aircraft bandwagon, and is whipping something up to stay competetive... Training in the 152 is ok, and at 5'6 165 i'm not squeezing in there, but still, to not be rubbing shoulders with the cfi would be nice. Time will tell what they have up thier sleeve.

Gryphon said:
I'm wondering if Cessna is seeing all these others (Cirrus, Diamond, etc) getting on the training aircraft bandwagon, and is whipping something up to stay competetive... Training in the 152 is ok, and at 5'6 165 i'm not squeezing in there, but still, to not be rubbing shoulders with the cfi would be nice. Time will tell what they have up thier sleeve.
Here is a story about Cessna's XMC or "Experimental Magic Carpet" that they toyed with in the 70's, with a link to a picture of it. http://1000aircraftphotos.com/HistoryBriefs/CessnaXMC.htm Twin boom, single engine pusher. Think Skymaster, but smaller, with no front engine. Probably not anything like what Cessna has planned for the LSA market, but who knows?

from the link above...

In the end the project was dropped because it also provided no significant performance increase over the C-150 model already in production and Cessna had engine-cooling problems with the XMC.

So much for that

Yeah so, they dont make the 152 anymore. But why would they need a "replacement" for it?

There was a time not long ago when Cessna wasn't making the 172 either, but they didn't buy an autoclave from the defunct Beech Starship production line and start making plastic P.O.S. They went with a good solid performer with an excellent track record.

I say start building the Aerobat again, with or without the BRS chute. Skip the glass cockpit expense. There's your Light Sport Aircraft, and all they'd have to do is dust off the jigs and tooling they have sitting in a warehouse in Wichita. Already certified so no issues there. Maybe even put a 125 or 150hp engine on it. But the 115hp O-235 has a 2400hr TBO on it, so if they stuck with that engine flight schools would have orgasms over it and be lined up around the block, deposit checks in hand. 6gph or so fuel burn at cruise if I remember right. No need to go fast when building time is the main concern.

ps- I didnt read this whole thread, apologies if someone already suggested this.

Latest resources

Back