New CEO @ Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SF340Guy

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the FACT that Shuttle America has a new CEO!!! I am even more surprised that nobody has mentioned that he is the CEO listed on the application for an operating certificate for...drumroll please...Republic Airlines.

FlyingDawg said:
If true, I find it VERY interesting.
The fact that we have a new CEO is not debatable. Whether or not he was listed on the FAA app for Republic is another question entirely.

Hmmmmm. Republic CEO @ Shuttle. Maybe it had something to do with the scope clauses with the Big "C" not allowed to fly 70 seaters by their partners. Makes Republic only an authorized 50 seat company since "C" had it put in their contract that only they were to be the only ones to fill the seats in Republic a/c. - - BUT WAIT, Shuttle America doesn't have any such clause with any partners!

Hmmmmmm.

70 seat scope is history as it relates to US Airways (this was waived with one of the LOA). 70 seat scope at Delta does no apply to CHQ since they aren't flying DL colors and will only fly the EMB-170 in a 70 seat configuration. UAL has a contract to fly the 70 seater.

The only limit that might apply is that of American. The only objection is by APA (not AA itself). The CHQ contract with AA does not forbid CHQ to operate 70 seaters for customers other than AA (at least this is the statement by company management).

If there is a problem with the 70 seater or anything larger, I think Republic Airways Holdings (RAH) made it quite clear in the IPO prospectus that they would and intend to add additional subsidiaries in the future.

Does anyone think that SA might get rolled back into RAH?

There are several that think this... And the alleged former association of the new CEO with the not-quite-off-the-ground-yet Republic Airlines only squirts more lighter fluid on the fire.

The only thing that's relatively certain is that the regime change is probably a good sign... Why bring in a new CEO and reshuffle the top mgmt. if you're just gonna shut the doors when the United contract runs out (if, indeed, it is allowed to run out)?

Yes. I dont think there should be a DOH Sr List Integration. We are getting ahead of ourselves though.

Why not? Wouldn't that be fair? Or is it only fair as long as you're not inconvienienced.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back