• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New CEO @ Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I saw one of your Saabs yesterday in DAY. Nice paint job. That U makes the tail look huge.
Ok, I'm done High Jacking

KingAirer said:
But again, we are way ahead of ourselves.
I couldn't disagree more. How far ahead of ourselves are we, exactly, when he who is listed in an FAA document as the CEO of Republic Airlines is, mysteriously, now OUR CEO?

FWIW, the rumor appears to be getting more airtime on flightinfo.com than it's getting on the line. Mostly there's a bunch of head-scratching about "what it all means", and concern that this COULD be (more) bad news for us. I mentioned 1-for-9 since you're roughly 9 times larger than we are, and it's just an idea for integration if there WERE to be some sort of buyout/merger/acquisition/(insert euphemism here).

We certainly don't want that euphemism to be "after all you've sacrificed, after all the hard work you've put in over the last few years, after you've served your purpose... you're all fired, or if you're lucky, the bottom 10% of the new improved Chapublic".

Do you not understand why there is some concern or some low-level rumormongering going on? We could use some good news around here, and something more firm than 10 more months of U flying would be a welcome piece of news.

Well we have to enjoy all of the posts from our new fearless leader... He is probably laughing at all of us. well hmmm I still feel the same as the last CEO. uninformed. how many days has it been and what have we heard? This crack is some good SH1T...

I.P. Freley said:
I couldn't disagree more. How far ahead of ourselves are we, exactly, when he who is listed in an FAA document as the CEO of Republic Airlines is, mysteriously, now OUR CEO?

FWIW, the rumor appears to be getting more airtime on flightinfo.com than it's getting on the line. Mostly there's a bunch of head-scratching about "what it all means", and concern that this COULD be (more) bad news for us. I mentioned 1-for-9 since you're roughly 9 times larger than we are, and it's just an idea for integration if there WERE to be some sort of buyout/merger/acquisition/(insert euphemism here).

We certainly don't want that euphemism to be "after all you've sacrificed, after all the hard work you've put in over the last few years, after you've served your purpose... you're all fired, or if you're lucky, the bottom 10% of the new improved Chapublic".

Do you not understand why there is some concern or some low-level rumormongering going on? We could use some good news around here, and something more firm than 10 more months of U flying would be a welcome piece of news.
Ok, So what are you guys hoping comes out of this? What do you think, best case scenario for you, that this info means?

While it would be nice to fly the brazillian double-wide, I think it is more likely that we will not be seeing them.

I think that our ex-CEO is pursuing other opportunities (selling peanuts at a nascar event, one can only hope) as he realized that there is nothing on the horizon for us. Wexie doesn't want to front the $$$ for us to get our own jets, United wanted all props gone back in 2000--why would they keep us once they emerge from BK?

We got someone from the CHQ/RP family to run us because we will be winding down--why do an executive search if the end is near? One letter difference on a tail number is probably less significant than the lack of op specs and training and pilots at SA for a plane that it already built.

I have certainly been wrong before, however.

CHQ 170's

As copied from www.FAA.gov
N631RW is Assigned
Assigned/Registered Aircraft
Aircraft Description
Serial Number 17000007
Manufacturer NameEMBRAER
Certificate Issue Date09/23/2004
ModelERJ 170-100 SE
Type AircraftFixed Wing Multi-Engine
Type EngineTurbo-Jet
Pending Number ChangeNone
Mode S Code52041377

Registered Owner

Name CHAUTAUQUA AIRLINES INC
Street2500 S HIGH SCHOOL RD STE 60
CityINDIANAPOLIS
StateINDIANA
Zip Code 46241-4941
CountyMARION
CountryUNITED STATES

Oh, and SD is still the president, with his own office and everything. He (according to sources) has the same authority over day to day operations as he did before the new CEO joined the ranks. Thats not why the new CEO is here. The current management is completely capable of "Winding down" a 9 A/c airline.

If they are "Winding Down" what then of the certificate? Why fight so hard for a certificate, if you got one that you are just going to throw away?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back