• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Alaska Airlines base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, the PDX base will happen on June 1, even though the SEA LEC reps and the LAX Capt Rep want to kill it. 3 of the 6 voting reps want PDX to die in order to save all the lines they can for SEA. To the new PDX base - make sure you get your own council because these SEA guys want to slit your throats!

I think you have confused the PDX base with the SEA-ETOPS base. The PDX base is in the bag. It is already in our contract. We cannot vote on it and the MEC, LEC, and pilots have nothing to say about it. I agree that they are related, but independent issues. The 3-6 vote and bickering is about the rules that will govern the SEA-ETOPS base. That must be negotiated with the union as the contract requires. The MEC could say "This way or no way" to the company, but it is not happening that way. We are giving up a little to get the Hawaii flying out of SEA.

Last edited:
The LAX Capt rep is not doing the best he can to save LAX seats....

I'm sorry man, but all I hear from you is, "Wah, wah, wah...I was given ETOPS in the first place. It's mine. You can't have any. I'm going to tell my mommy!"

Seriously?

To the new PDX base - make sure you get your own council because these SEA guys want to slit your throats!

Well, I don't know about that, but I've already talked to the incoming MEC Chairman about a PDX LEC. The first order of business will be to petition the MEC and ALPA National for a PDX LEC.

Ak737, baja, et al...,

riddle me this...how many etops related sea layovers have ANC and lax done in the last 2 years? I can tell you that as a sea reserve pilot, I've had more than my share of lax/sna and ANC layovers to cover flying y'all would have done out of your bases. Wouldn't all of you guys in those bases rather spend more nights at home (lax ANC) than sea??? This isn't about owning flying. It's putting the pieces where they should be. That probably will hurt sone feelings but considering the majority of departures are out of sea, especially etops, it makes sense to have a base there.

We all need to grow up and stop infighting.

Mookie

Agreed Mookie. I could really care less about the ETOPS - I'm just hoping to keep flying in LA. As for the LA reps...I've talked to both at length
& trust them completely. Time to wait & see what is tied to the TA.

Baja.

Confusing time yes, but follow along. The PDX base is in the bag -period. SEA reps (both) and the LAX Capt rep voted to kill the LAX base in favor of the SEA base keeping as many lines as possible for SEA (this is not logical I know, but they did it anyhow). The LAX base will pay the greatest price once SEA has ETOPS.
We are not "giving up a little" to put ETOPS is SEA. We are giving SEA ETOPS away for free for no reason other than to try to save a few lines of flying for SEA (in theory only) ! Do you comprehend that - we are giving it away for free!!!!!
Our management is laughing all the way to the bank. They asked for SEA ETOPS, they put out a reducion bid for SEA. Our SEA reps wet themselves like a red headed school girls, and gave them anything they wanted for free - without even any protections of base size or stage length - please O please don't take any lines away from SEA - we promise we will be good little girls- and Bill smiles because he knows what a bunch of sissys he has in SEA...
We are laying LAX on the alter to slit their throats for Seattle's benifit. If LAX has no ETOPS flying, how many lines would there be? Do you think that it might hit the LAX base harder than 70 to 80 pilot reductions out of SEA? Just curious - when you are talking about bases and the amount of impact - does it matter if you are dealing with numbers of pilots or the percentages of a base impacted? The SEA LEC is about to impart a huge percentage reduction on LAX for a lesser number redution on SEA. Is that the right thing to do? ANC has already taken 22% (if I remember right) in the shorts and nobody gave a poop! But if you want to cut SEA by about 19% or 20% (and many of these pilots already live in the PDX area and can't wait for the base to open and whose lives will be much better without having to commute to SEA) the sky is falling!!! The SEA tears start, the whinning, the little girl tantrums....
Remember - we didn't have to do a dang thing! We could have put this on the shelf for years. The SEA LEC in a panic little girl mode pushed this and used a roll call to get their way. The sad thing is that it will make no differance - the SEA reps are just to dumb to realize it. They will still loose flying, PDX will still happen, and they have harmed the MEC in a a bad bad way - at least until we get the SEA loosers and the LAX looser out of there. SEA will screw LAX and ANC to get their desires of more lines and no pain and no reductions. Is that healthy for the group? Is that what is in your heart? I wouldn't / couldn't feel good about my advancement on the back of my fellow Alaska pilot. I just wouldn't go there. It is just wrong to have your MEC willinging advance one base at the expense of another!!!!!!!!!!!!! When the time comes - VOTE NO ON THE SEA ETOPS !!!!!
If this pases MemRat, I guess we can chaulk it up to to many gummers and to many Latte drinking tassle wearin cream puffs who might wet themselves if they had to bid 250 lines of flying rather than 200... Heaven help us, sorry for the three page run on sentence and good night!

Last edited:
Confusing time yes, but follow along. The PDX base is in the bag -period. SEA reps (both) and the LAX Capt rep voted to kill the LAX base in favor of the SEA base keeping as many lines as possible for SEA (this is not logical I know, but they did it anyhow). The LAX base will pay the greatest price once SEA has ETOPS.
We are not "giving up a little" to put ETOPS is SEA. We are giving SEA ETOPS away for free for no reason other than to try to save a few lines of flying for SEA (in theory only) ! Do you comprehend that - we are giving it away for free!!!!! Our management is laughing all the way to the bank. They asked for SEA ETOPS, they put out a reducion bid for SEA. Our SEA reps wet themselves like a red headed shool girls, and gave them anything they wanted for free - without even any protections of base size or stage length - please O please don't take any lines away from SEA - we promise we will be good little girls- and Bill smiles because he knows what a bunch of sissys he has in SEA... We are laying LAX on the alter to slit their throats for Seattle's benifit. If LAX has no ETOPS flying, how many lines would there be? Do you think that it might hit the LAX base harder than 70 to 80 pilot reductions out of SEA? Just curious - when you are talking about bases and the amount of impact - does it matter if you are dealing with numbers of pilots or the percentages of a base impacted? The SEA LEC is about to impart a huge percentage reduction on LAX for a lesser number redution on SEA. Is that the right thing to do? ANC has already taken 22% (if I remember right) in the shorts and nobody gave a poop! But if you want to cut SEA by about 19% or 20% (many of these pilots already live in the PDX area and can't wait for the base to open and whose lives will be much better without having to commute to SEA) the sky is falling!!! The SEA tears start, the whinning, the little girl tantrums....
Remember - we didn't have to do a dang thing! We could have put this on the shelf for years. The SEA LEC in a panic little girl mode pushed this and used a roll call to get their way. The sad thing is that it will make no differance - the SEA reps are just to dumb to realize it. They will still loose flying, PDX will still happen, and they have harmed the MEC in a a bad bad way - at least until we get the SEA loosers and the LAX looser out of there. SEA will screw LAX and ANC to get their desires of more lines and no pain and no reductions. Is that healthy for the group? Is that what is in your heart? I wouldn't / couldn't feel good about my advancement on the back of my fellow Alaska pilot. I just wouldn't go there. It is just wrong to have your MEC willinging advance one base at the expense of another!!!!!!!!!!!!! When the time comes - VOTE NO ON THE SEA ETOPS !!!!!
If this pases MemRat, I guess we can chaulk it up to to many gummers and to many Latte drinking tassle wearin cream puffs who might wet themselves if they had to bid 200 lines of flying rather than 250... Heaven help us, sorry for the three page run on sentence and good night!

--"And while I'm here, Charlie is out there getting stronger...":laugh:

first of all...it's LOSER....LOOSER is what your...nevermind, i'm not going to get sucked into this.

good luck. I'm guessing you don't represent the majority of great pilots our GROUP has up in ANC, and that I'm sure to fly with as soon as I get bumped into YOUR base. God forbid I get the line you wanted. I'm sure I'll be considered a SEA LOOSER... :laugh:

Mookie

AK737FO,

You're funny. You spout off as if you know what you're talking about. How do you know we didn't get anything? How do you know your base wont stay the same size? How do you know what the agreement is...because it hasn't happened yet.

The response to me will be, "How do you know that we did get some of this?" Just wait. We will know soon enough. I think you might have to eat a GIANT piece of humble pie in the near future.

By the way, mommy is calling from the kitchen. Your warm milk is ready.

Latest resources

Back