• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AirTran TA Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2 main things I detest, this Block or core average value thing...any other airlines do this?...I say block or better. And this 4.5 daily average...a 2-1 duty rig doesn't prevent the company from putting you in the hotel all day in the middle of a trip or a one leg, 1st day and 1 leg back, which ultimately turns what should have been a 2 or 3 day trip into a 4 day. I know Delta has a 5.25 daily which is reasonable. Comments?

What about scope? The company could replace all the 717s with 99 seat e-190s in a 2 class configuration and give most of us a giant pay cut.

2 main things I detest, this Block or core average value thing...any other airlines do this?...I say block or better. And this 4.5 daily average...a 2-1 duty rig doesn't prevent the company from putting you in the hotel all day in the middle of a trip or a one leg, 1st day and 1 leg back, which ultimately turns what should have been a 2 or 3 day trip into a 4 day. I know Delta has a 5.25 daily which is reasonable. Comments?

Reread the TA it is block or better. The problem is block is now the "core block" instead "credit for a pairing will be based on the printed customer schedule flight times published by the company" This is going to be the largest reduction in credit. The door thing only is a player if you over block.

What about scope? The company could replace all the 717s with 99 seat e-190s in a 2 class configuration and give most of us a giant pay cut.

does that mean they (airtran) can contract this flying out? Please say no, one list for one airline - no more contracting.

does that mean they (airtran) can contract this flying out? Please say no, one list for one airline - no more contracting.

They could contract out up to 86 seats with some restriction. The big problem is that the less than 100 seat payrates are horrible. The company could replace the 717s and displace those airtran pilots to a 99 seat e-190 or e-195 and those pilots would take a huge paycut.

A 99 seat E190 would be flown by airtran pilots but at an almost 50% pay cut. If the Midwest thing falls apart you can count on the 717 being gone in short order. The rumor is 2 E190s for every 1 717.

I've read the entire TA and my opinion has not changed, It's a piece of garbage and needs to be voted down!

New pay rates for aircraft with less than 100 seats = scary. The pay rates for the 717(117 seats) is the same as the 737-700(137 seats) and the 737-800(160ish seats?). So why, as a 717 pilot, should I get the same pay if I fly an aircraft with 43 more seats and 30% less pay for an aircraft with 18 less seats? These new payrates for smaller aircraft need to be either left out of this contract altogether, or they need to be the same as all the other payrates.

New pay rates for aircraft with less than 100 seats = scary. The pay rates for the 717(117 seats) is the same as the 737-700(137 seats) and the 737-800(160ish seats?). So why, as a 717 pilot, should I get the same pay if I fly an aircraft with 43 more seats and 30% less pay for an aircraft with 18 less seats? These new payrates for smaller aircraft need to be either left out of this contract altogether, or they need to be the same as all the other payrates.

Becareful, the next thing you will see is a middle pay for the 717. However, I would count on the 717 being gone within the next 5 years. The company may be setting us up for this by saying if you want all airtran flying done by NPA pilots then we need the e190 with lower rates.

Latest resources

Back