• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AGE limit discussion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In other words, maybe letting pilots play with guns is not such a good idea?

Funny how the guys I fly with don't need them, they should screen that program like the military, they'd come in and classmates about them as a person or where JetBlue was supposedly calling your neighbors and asking about you as a person!

And No, I'm not saying pilots shouldn't carry guns, I think they should wear them out in the terminal, the idiot passengers may act different, playing with junior guys livelihood is not a good idea! I can do it just as easy in a airport /Crashpad car with "bad brakes".

Youve had your 5 more years, you're a captain, on your next few months trips after climbing through 10k, why don't you start up every leg with a new FO with "I am helping make a push to change the retirement age to 67 (or 70, or whatever!)!"

Let's see how it will go....we'll start the list here, I'm sure FO's will add as we go!

1) the silent treatment
2) a 7 hour migraine inducing headache!
3) a blatant FU
4)getting turned in to pro standards for some kind of mental issue
5) reading about you getting your beat down in flight and pulled off the aircraft at destination for a "severe turbulence issue"

Give us a report back in 3 months, since you only fly 1 tree day every 7-9 days we should get 9-12 responses, good luck with that, we're standing by!

KBB

Last edited:
We have some doozies over here at Delta.

You have to get hired by Delta before you can upgrade.

....55 years old, but still. Do we need guys pushing the envelope?

Funny how every time a young guy dies in flight, none of you advocate for lowering the retirement age.

He will never leave the seat unless forced out.

I guess the inheritance won't be enough.

It took decades to get 65 approved, and only after ICAO led the charge.

Actually it took less than 30 days.

In other words, maybe letting pilots play with guns is not such a good idea?

Well, Homeland Security agrees. They cut the budget for the FFDO program in half.

Lovely, another "get out of my seat" thread. Hate to break it to you boys, but Age 65 isn't going away. Time to get over it. Let's see how you feel about it when YOU'RE approaching 60. After all, unless you're 4 years old, Age 60 was the law when YOU started, too.

God forbid anyone accuse you youngsters of hypocrisy.

All of the older people in my extended family couldn't wait retire from thier normal jobs, no idea why pilots want to work forever. Smart people too, one was an engineer, nuclear plant maintenence tech, etc. Maybe it'll be different for me at age 60+, but I don't think pilot behavior in this case is "normal". We're all institutionalized I guess..."Brooks was here."

....... Well, Homeland Security agrees. They cut the budget for the FFDO program in half......

Actually, it wasn't Homeland Security. They would probably like to increase the budget. After initial resistance (primarily due to "turf issues"), currently every segment of Homeland Security agrees that the FFDO program is one of the most important security layers, and without question the most cost effective security element in the entire transportation system. For example, it costs the government about $15 to have an armed pilot on a flight. It costs about $3000 to have an armed FAM on a flight (figures from FFDO program). That's serious "bang for your buck."

It was the President, in his proposed budget that he submitted. Even though the budget was only $25M, he proposed cutting it to $12M. To put that in perspective, $12M is about what it takes to protect his wife, by herself, for one year. I guess that's about equal: protecting one person vs. helping protect all the nation's civil aircraft, not to mention potential ground 'targets.'

Just some perspective.

Bubba

It took decades to get 65 approved, and only after ICAO led the charge.

You guys are getting yourselves all spun up for no reason. But keep going, it's hilarious to watch.

And Pres George W Bush signed the age 65 bill into law. Thank you Pres Bush.

Latest resources

Back