• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ABX Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
look rotor, your approach to the ABX pilot group can be described as very hostile. The threats from your union are heard from more than just the ABX union. I have had loadmasters come up to me and ask why the Astar pilots are being so hateful to ABX. Where are they getting that? So while I understand your frustration with your management and even DHL, you seem to be taking it out on ABX. And I think the level-headed Astar pilots are asking for ABX support and the hateful individuals such as yourself are cutting them off at the knees.

Just as you should not bring home problems to work and work problems home, you should not threaten those whom you wish support from if your anger is for another. Or sue them.

Calm heads prevail, and I think ABX has been very calm about what they have had thrown at them the past 4 years. Just a bit of advice you can take or leave. If you want to try and bust my balls go ahead. I can take what I dish out. :D

Wow shooty, a little anger management perhaps in your future?

So show me the post where I "threatened" anyone? It's easy, just go back and review my previous post. I'll await your results.

Funny thing, when you make claims such as " I have had loadmasters come up to me and ask why the Astar pilots are being so hateful to ABX." we have heard the same thing on our side of the fence, except it's the other way around.

I have always commented on what a professional group the ABX pilots are, with the exception of a few disgruntled (that being guys like yourself).

I have noticed the angrier you get, the more twisting of the facts to try to make your point. Just a suggestion, stay on track, it makes the debate more interesting.:rolleyes:

Oh, and one last suggestion, try the decaffinated brands. They are just as tasty as the regular stuff!

Hope you have a real nice day!:)

Wow shooty, a little anger management perhaps in your future?

So show me the post where I "threatened" anyone? It's easy, just go back and review my previous post. I'll await your results.

Funny thing, when you make claims such as " I have had loadmasters come up to me and ask why the Astar pilots are being so hateful to ABX." we have heard the same thing on our side of the fence, except it's the other way around.

I have always commented on what a professional group the ABX pilots are, with the exception of a few disgruntled (that being guys like yourself).

I have noticed the angrier you get, the more twisting of the facts to try to make your point. Just a suggestion, stay on track, it makes the debate more interesting.:rolleyes:

Oh, and one last suggestion, try the decaffinated brands. They are just as tasty as the regular stuff!

Hope you have a real nice day!:)

anger management? sure, but I don't know why. Is it because I throw trash at YOU? I know most of the Astar group are a bunch of stand up guys/gals. I have said so numerous times.

The threats come from your union when they say/post/write the things they do. What do you think they are pushing when they start throwing the scab word around? Do they think other union groups do not know what scab work is? Do they think other groups do not understand? I do know it seems like ALPA does not know how to work with other groups and say something to get that support on a positive note. There is not 1 aviation employee that does not understand what can be done. If its Astar work. Were the union groups of Northwest scabs because they continued to work when the mechanics went on strike? And what were the reasons the other groups did not support the mechanics line?

And as far as the lawsuit....you need a pee test if you do not think that is ALPA trying to kill off ABX. If you say different, I would like to know what your goal is with it when it comes to ABX. Sure you can't haul all the boxes without ABX, but what is it you want? Total control over ABX? Do you want ABX to work for DHL only if YOU say they can? I think it has taken total control (and other ABXers can correct me if I'm wrong here) for the Teamsters to not join in with ABX company to defend the ABX position against your suit. They see something I don't I guess. I could understand it in the beginning for both sides to need to work together, but some (like yourself) see no harm doing what is being done. Maybe one day Astar will push ABX enough for the gloves to come off and the pilot group starts swinging back. Until then, maybe there is still hope for your group to join with ABX in working for both groups to benefit from DHL work.

Again, this just the rant from a dude on FI, which is public board and nothing to with anything on the operations. And those loaders...I see them all when they load all the aircraft, not just ABX or just Astar.

maybe I will come to your anger management class. You seem to be an expert in saying others have an anger problem. So your instructor must be telling you it's others fault rather than you own. Did they come from Hollywood?:rolleyes:

anger management? sure, but I don't know why. Is it because I throw trash at YOU? I know most of the Astar group are a bunch of stand up guys/gals. I have said so numerous times.

The threats come from your union when they say/post/write the things they do. What do you think they are pushing when they start throwing the scab word around? Do they think other union groups do not know what scab work is? Do they think other groups do not understand? I do know it seems like ALPA does not know how to work with other groups and say something to get that support on a positive note. There is not 1 aviation employee that does not understand what can be done. If its Astar work. Were the union groups of Northwest scabs because they continued to work when the mechanics went on strike? And what were the reasons the other groups did not support the mechanics line?

And as far as the lawsuit....you need a pee test if you do not think that is ALPA trying to kill off ABX. If you say different, I would like to know what your goal is with it when it comes to ABX. Sure you can't haul all the boxes without ABX, but what is it you want? Total control over ABX? Do you want ABX to work for DHL only if YOU say they can? I think it has taken total control (and other ABXers can correct me if I'm wrong here) for the Teamsters to not join in with ABX company to defend the ABX position against your suit. They see something I don't I guess. I could understand it in the beginning for both sides to need to work together, but some (like yourself) see no harm doing what is being done. Maybe one day Astar will push ABX enough for the gloves to come off and the pilot group starts swinging back. Until then, maybe there is still hope for your group to join with ABX in working for both groups to benefit from DHL work.

Again, this just the rant from a dude on FI, which is public board and nothing to with anything on the operations. And those loaders...I see them all when they load all the aircraft, not just ABX or just Astar.

maybe I will come to your anger management class. You seem to be an expert in saying others have an anger problem. So your instructor must be telling you it's others fault rather than you own. Did they come from Hollywood?:rolleyes:

Hey shooty, c'mon man.....Just get back on the Prozac and it will be ok.

Have a really nice day, OK? :)

Hey shooty, c'mon man.....Just get back on the Prozac and it will be ok.

Have a really nice day, OK? :)

blah blah blah.........maybe now you see.

Ok Guys time to step back and calm down.

Yes there was and is a lawsuit filed by ALPA, one which Teamsters surely would have filed if the shoe was on the other foot, so we need to move on.

Best option now is to get the 2 locals together and sign something that agrees on combining the 2 groups. Also in the agreement there would be a strike support agreement. A strike agreement that will stop all freight going to any DHL city served by a member of the new group.

This will force DHL to deal with one pilot group. A group paid by 2 different people but one pilot entity. DHL is a business, they will realize that they in essence now have 1 airline but are paying for 2 management teams to run them. This will force a merger / buyout whatever. The pilots will not care because we already have our seniority issues worked out. Problem solved.

If we do this then all of the pilots futures will be secured and we can then negotiate with the new management from a position of power. This could also be a way to bring in the other ACMI carriers in the US (polar / atlas) to get them in on the "one pilot list".

I am sure someone a lot smarter than I can figure out the details but if we as 2 separate groups join as one we can secure our own futures without relying on our respective management, which up to now has only been concerned with their own golden parachutes. This applies to ABX and Astar. Both management teams have shown no resolve in growing their side of DHL business.

Lets hear the flames.....:uzi:

What?!?!?.....Actually create a real union? .....Now that is a novel concept........

But for real.......great idea!!! Maybe this should become a constant topic of conversation to evolve into something concrete......?

After reading these posts- the Company management from both companies involved are probally creaming in their shorts!!! Just what they want to accomplish (Divide & Destoy) Wish you all would stop making their job easier and get smart real quick, and realize we work together or probally won't work at all. Just my 2 cents.

I don't think our management knows how to use the internet so they can't see these posts. No worries.

Correction made at end of article. This makes more sense. I still think raslin's real though.

Astar wins $400M military contract for Wilmington hub

Business Courier of Cincinnati - September 14, 2007

Correction at bottom of article
Astar Air Cargo Inc. has been awarded a contract with a division of the U.S. Department of Defense for express package delivery at its Wilmington air hub.
The U.S. Transportation Command awarded a contract to the Miami-based company to perform international express delivery of packages and letters weighing 300 lbs or less. The contract, which stipulates the service is for indefinite delivery and indefinite quantity, spans Oct. 1 to September 2011.
U.S. Transportation Command said in a release the intitial contract award value for the Wilmington hub is $2,500, while the company will be able to compete with eight other firms for more work under a contract worth up $400 million.
Astar runs an operation at the Wilmington Air Park, about 60 miles southwest of Columbus, where one of its clients is cargo giant DHL. The company operates a fleet of 44 aircraft with gateways in Los Angeles, Miami, New York City and Newark, N.J.
Astar was formed four years ago when an investment group acquired DHL Airways Inc.

Correction: AStar is one of nine companies that will compete for the fullvalue of the contract. An earlier version of this story expalined the contract incorrectly.

Last edited:
Well shooty, the same can be said about you. Thankfully you are a very minor opinion in relation to the ABX pilots as a whole. I must say the ABX pilots I have been in contact with are a very professional and level headed bunch.

Just keep believing in your myths.

And have a really great day! :)

I'm am professional enough not to take my personal opinion of you and your brothers into my cockpit. I believe many of my peers feel the same way.

If the court filing and testimony are a myth, then Superman, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, and Santa Claus must all be real. 1984 lives.

Latest resources

Back