• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AA winglets...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:rolleyes:Don't understand why it took them so long? If you want to save money, it is the only way to go! Now, if DAL could get them onboard! Most of the articles in ATW say they will end up saving anywhere from 3-5% of fuel! Sounds pretty good to me!

Tomct said:
:rolleyes:Don't understand why it took them so long? If you want to save money, it is the only way to go! Now, if DAL could get them onboard! Most of the articles in ATW say they will end up saving anywhere from 3-5% of fuel! Sounds pretty good to me!

Actually, the reason AA is looking so hard at this is CAL is running PHENOMINAL numbers with international out of EWR with 757 and wingleted 757's. Monkey see, monkey do. CAL is saving approximately 8% with a 757 with winglets. We have been told our entire fleet or 757's, -200's and -300's, will be outfitted. CAL is now the airline to duplicate! The good thing is that CAL OWNS all the data from the 757 flight tests that prove the 757 winglet program works.

Owning the data is irrelevant, once the first aircraft is retro fitted then AA will have it's own data.

I flew a BA 757 from JFK to Glasgow, I would not recommend a 757 to Europe unless you have no alternative.

CitationLover said:
aaflyer,

what will be covering the 757 domestic routes if they shift to intl? 80's?

does this mean more 80's routes will come to eagle (i hope not)? we just got, DFW-PIT, ORD-BWI, DFW-MDW

Geez,I hope not. Wouldn't surprise me. However, I believe they would probably be replaced by 737s mostly. The 757 does a lot of leisure markets domestically, and a few transcons... stuff that the 80 doesn't do very well. Plus, AMR is getting a few new 737s in the years to come.

for those of you with the winglets already installed on the 737's - do you have the strengthened wing/tail structure allowing 100% speedbrake deployment in flight?
can't remember the reason but our (njla bbj) speedbrake is limited to about 20% of normal deplyment - adds a whopping 300fpm on the descents. only way to get down and slow down is to extend the alternate speed brakes.

Latest resources

Back